TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've done as much searching as I am capable of, aside from being progressive how are trd coils different from non-trd coils, and how do these differences affect performance?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
They didn't have TRD's in 99. At least I dont think so. I have had a couple of friends with progressive coils and rear lockers in prerunners. Non-TRD coils are softer riding.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i'm pretty sure trd's have been around since 98

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
They didn't have TRD's in 99. At least I dont think so. I have had a couple of friends with progressive coils and rear lockers in prerunners. Non-TRD coils are softer riding.
TRD's have been available on dealers lots since Nov 1997.

Tim

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
VtFly said:
OK, I've done as much searching as I am capable of, aside from being progressive how are trd coils different from non-trd coils, and how do these differences affect performance?
As far as I know, progressive/non-progressive is the only difference between the TRD and non-TRD coils. The TRD coils have a softer sping rate at first, which then progressively builds to a stiffer rate as compression occurs (the first few coil wraps are the softer ones). With the non-TRD coils, the spring rate is the same throughout the coil. I'm not sure what the difference is between the spring rates of the non-TRD's and the TRD's non-progressive section. They may be the same, or the TRD's may be a slightly higher spring rate, which means the TRD's would be the stiffer of the two, just in the main section (not the progressive section).

Hytenor could probably clear this up a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts