TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proverbial dumbass. Went to the post office, climbed back into the tacoma, heard a thunk, thought WTF was that, got out, looked around did not see anything but the seat belt looked like it had hit the door pillar. So thought, hey that was that thunk. Head out of the lot and wonder, where is my phone, pockets and cup holder show nada. THink--oh shit, sure enough do a quick u turn back around the parking lot. There on the ground is a Motorola V3 Razor looking thinner than it was before....The D-cab won..I will give motorola credit, the phone took a good hit, it still powers up and I can download the phone book etc, but the damned thing is toast--no sound, only powers on for a couple of minutes if you don't hold the battery in place--oh well..
I was gonna post a picture, but they just don't show the concave arc that the phone now has :banghead:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
stu said:
Hope there wasn't any wild life seeking refuge under your phone when you decided to run it over.
Hope there wasn't any wildlife seeking refuge under your truck when you decided to flip it over.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
atwinda said:
Hope there wasn't any wildlife seeking refuge under your truck when you decided to flip it over.
How that's funny! I don't care who you are. :lmao:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
stu said:
Speaking of insurance, do you have insurance on the phone ocdropzone?
HAHAHA why would you ever put insurance on a phone HAHAHA that's the most ridiculous thing ever. Unless your phone was really super expensive but why would you buy a phone that is that expensive? HAHAHA so it looks like you're not banned anymore either HAHAHA. Do companies even offer insurance for phones? I know I break mine all the time and never had that offered HAHAHA.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Are you kidding? Insurance on a phone is like $5 a month. You'd get insurance because it covers things exactly like this. My phone was $380 when I bought it (wasn't up for a renewal discount) which is enough that I wouldn't want to pay it twice if I didn't have to.

The insurance is provide through the phone carrier, but you have to get it when you first get the phone. It's not like a house or car where you have a policy or anything, it's more like a warranty that covers theft, water, driving over it with your truck, etc.

Cell phone companies make a lot of their money from people who don't buy insurance from their phones. Phone companies offer phones at next to nothing to get people to switch to their plan. Then people drop their phone in the toilet and are pissed when they go to replace it and it's $299 instead of the $50 they intially paid for it. These dumbasses get all pissed off before they realize that cell companies lose money on their customers and don't turn a profit until about 18 months into the contract. Cell phone companies make money off of long term customers, people who don't purchase insurance, and people who buy out of contracts early.

So if you are one of those retards who hates cell phone companies, but have to have one, and want to stick it to them, just switch companies every year, never buy insurance, get the lowest plan possible, and hope to god that nothing ever happens to the phone that the company bought for you so you'd sign up with them for a year.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There was a thread not too long ago of a guy in a similar boat as you. He left his Razr on the rear bumper of his truck as he drove home from some store.

He noticed it was missing, and retraced his route. He remarkably found his Razr and it had been run over dozens of times.

Sure enough, it still turned on.

Anybody care to try to dig up that thread?

·
Registered
388 Posts
A guy I know went out to get in his truck one mornin' and noticed that his tailgate was down. Went to take a look and there was a phone laying in his bed. Someone just camped out in his bed that night and left their phone.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I did not get the insurance. It is basically worthless. The phone was about a year old (11-12 mos x $5.00) + Cingular's $50 deductible + $25 for shipping makes it approx $135. Get a new phone from whatever Cingular's insurance co is, probably the same as every one else. All that for some refurbished POS that had probably been returned once before. That phone had been dropped a few times anyway. I went on ebay and found a similar phone that I can just drop my sim card in for $140. I figured wtf, ordered it.

hey STU: how come you aren't red anymore?? thought they were gonna kick you off or ban you or something?? I did not kill any wildlife, hard to in a parking lot in the middle of a town the size of Portland

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
yeah some companies phone replacement stuff is worth it..... others aren't sprint has a cheaper version that covers everything but water. phone wasn't working for me after the 30 day window and it already paid for itself.... douchebags were going to charge 60 bucks to fix it

·
Registered
764 Posts
i ran over my SLVR L7 one time and it worked fine for another 3 months. the screen was just a little messed up. i got it replaced and my insurance dropped me right afterwards because the SLVRs are prone to break so they will only insure them once. i am now on my 5th SLVR, all the rest being replaced under warranty. the phone is cool but it is a poon

·
Registered
213 Posts
stu said:
Are you kidding? Insurance on a phone is like $5 a month. You'd get insurance because it covers things exactly like this. My phone was $380 when I bought it (wasn't up for a renewal discount) which is enough that I wouldn't want to pay it twice if I didn't have to.

The insurance is provide through the phone carrier, but you have to get it when you first get the phone. It's not like a house or car where you have a policy or anything, it's more like a warranty that covers theft, water, driving over it with your truck, etc.

Cell phone companies make a lot of their money from people who don't buy insurance from their phones. Phone companies offer phones at next to nothing to get people to switch to their plan. Then people drop their phone in the toilet and are pissed when they go to replace it and it's $299 instead of the $50 they intially paid for it. These dumbasses get all pissed off before they realize that cell companies lose money on their customers and don't turn a profit until about 18 months into the contract. Cell phone companies make money off of long term customers, people who don't purchase insurance, and people who buy out of contracts early.

So if you are one of those retards who hates cell phone companies, but have to have one, and want to stick it to them, just switch companies every year, never buy insurance, get the lowest plan possible, and hope to god that nothing ever happens to the phone that the company bought for you so you'd sign up with them for a year.
LMAO! I work for mobile phone company and you're pretty dead on.

·
Registered
978 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
again WRONG....just get the fuck outta here with your nonsense stu its weak

he's actually right on this one ....$5 a month isn't much to cover a $400 phone. i have insurance on mine and it's more than paid for itself over the years. ...mostly due to loosing it.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
(Flexion) said:
There was a thread not too long ago of a guy in a similar boat as you. He left his Razr on the rear bumper of his truck as he drove home from some store.

He noticed it was missing, and retraced his route. He remarkably found his Razr and it had been run over dozens of times.

Sure enough, it still turned on.

Anybody care to try to dig up that thread?
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37857

Where's my fucking cookie?!?!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts