TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody weighed their taco? I and trying to figure out how much the half of the tacoma weighs preferable per corner. Anyone have any clue? My guess is for a v6 extra cab tacoma each of the front coners is about 1000lbs worth of unsprung weight. :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
PappaF2 said:
Has anybody weighed their taco? I and trying to figure out how much the half of the tacoma weighs preferable per corner. Anyone have any clue? My guess is for a v6 extra cab tacoma each of the front coners is about 1000lbs worth of unsprung weight. :confused:
With me inside the truck, ~2200 frt and 1800 rear

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
how did you weigh it?
you are saying 4000 lbs, which would be 2 tons
I always thought mine was that heavy as well with all my mods

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
PappaF2 said:
Last time I weighted mine it was 4800# . (98 reg cab). I have the weight per axle at home I'm at work now. Try to post them later
:welder:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
When I weighed my old Taco, it was 2,420# front + 1,540# rear = 3,960# total.

It was a basically stock '96 Xcab, 4WD, V-6, 5-speed.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for you input. I am trying to figure out the sprung weight so I can figure out what spring rate is needed to support the front. So I think I was right that the wight of the front should be about 1000 per corner not including tires, axle, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I weighed my truck at a truck scale a few years back, here's the numbers i got.

Front: 2220 lbs
Rear: 1620 lbs
Tot: 3840 lbs

**************Soooooo.....*****************
Front: 57.8% of the weight
Rear: 42.2% of the weight

-Chris

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Timbuddha said:
What are you up to Todd? Custom springs?
well not really, just trying to see what springs that are already out there are best suited for a taco. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a 2002 double cab 4x4. It's roughly, and I say roughly because of gas volume changing things, 2200 up front, and 1850 in the rear with spare tire, tow package receiver, and bed liner.
I certify weight for a living and weighed my truck on one of our vehicle scales. To get true axle weights, race tracks, and the CHP use axle scales versus what I did, and most people do, is to go to a vehicle scale putting the front on the scale alone, and then the rear on alone to get a rough determination.

Hope this helps

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
How come yours is so heavy vs the other tacomas listed?
I think I am on the heavy side as well
I have a real big butt, too LOL

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
98 Taco said:
How come yours is so heavy vs the other tacomas listed?
I think I am on the heavy side as well
I have a real big butt, too LOL
He has a double cab. My double cab weighed in about 4800 with all my mods and me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts