TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bed bob on my '04 Taco. Pulled the wiring for the tail lights off the frame up past the axle. Finished the bed bob and plugged my tail lights in. The turn signals, reverse and brake lights all work just fine. But the red lights that are (supposed to be) constantly on with the head lights won't work. Neither do my license plate lights. What the hell am I doing wrong? Forgive me, I don't know shit about electrical stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fuses look okay, as do the bulbs. Could there be dirt/corrosion in the plugs for the tail lights? Is there a cleaner I can use?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Probably nicked the wire somewhere. Id get a test light with a sharp end, see what wires go to the plugs for the lights, and start working your way toward the front of the truck till you find where the power starts. (This is given the normal stuff has been checked like fuses and bulbs.) My guess is that you nicked the wire some where around where you were cutting. I would figure out what color wire you are looking for, and start just before where you were working. One wire feeds both tail lights.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind, I'm a freaking dumbass. My brain has been so fried over the past week, I completely forgot about the damned fuse box under the hood.Lo and behold, the PO had put a 20 in where a 10A should go, which was fried.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Glad you got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts