TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was looking at picking up a tailgate lock for the Taco and I was wondering what one's you all were running. I took a look at the one offered by the dealership but I wasn't to impressed with it as it looked like it rode metal on metal against the tailgate.

My question is, what brands are you all running and do they rub on the tailgate?

Thanks and take care.

Tony

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got the Pop n Lock, it's easy to install and looks factory.

The only complaint is that the factory handle is made out of plastic and if you pull hard enough, it may break and the gate can be open, someone should offer a metal handle for the Tacoma to correct this problem.

The lock seems Ok to me

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
X2 on the Pop n lock, only took a few minutes to install. Works great IMO. I am looking to have it rekeyed to match the locks on my canopy...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I was thinking more along the lines of a lock to keep the gate from opening not from walking off on its own. I had taken a look at the pop n lock but I was concerned about it rubbing against the metal on the tailgate. Any problems you guys have noticed with it? Any other kinds out there? Thanks for your help guys.

Tony

·
Registered
883 Posts
gearbox said:
I went with a hose clamp. $0.88
please elaborate, pics would be good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
x3 on the pop this ones not for a taco but is similar

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
TurdTaco said:
Ya, I was thinking more along the lines of a lock to keep the gate from opening not from walking off on its own. I had taken a look at the pop n lock but I was concerned about it rubbing against the metal on the tailgate. Any problems you guys have noticed with it? Any other kinds out there? Thanks for your help guys.

Tony
Uh, they don't walk off on their own...Crach heads take em :)

·
Registered
172 Posts

Tony

To avoid rubbing during installation, just loose the handle a bit so the PopNLock won't rub the metal during installation, after installed, it won't rub at all.

If I can open a cardomain acct, I would post a pic of mine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
oem

oem lock came on 07 taco f/ Texas w/ 2 keys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No OEM lock on my new 2007 taco...I'm pissed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No OEM lock on my new 2007 taco...I'm pissed.
None on the 2011 model either. I'm just as pissed off. No glove box lock either. WTF??? Don't they know some people live/work in areas where stuff gets stolen? :mad: And hunting season is coming up. I need to find a lock FAST!

·
Registered
54 Posts
None on the 2011 model either. I'm just as pissed off. No glove box lock either. WTF??? Don't they know some people live/work in areas where stuff gets stolen? :mad: And hunting season is coming up. I need to find a lock FAST!

Hate to sound like a shit but I have to. If you're hunting and someone wants in, they'll get in. I know from experience. :(

Just don't leave anything inside that you deem valuable

1 - 16 of 16 Posts