TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna smoke out my tail lights, but idk if I should use the spray (Nite Shade) or the film kit. Does anyone know which one last longer or is better. I go on trails a lot and dirt roads. Also I'm gunna by tail light gaurds too, no idea which ones yet.

·
Registered
401 Posts

these are the taillights on my truck. what i did was take them apart and spray inside the housing flat black, not the lens part. gave it a nice tinted look without marring the finish on the lens.

·
Registered
179 Posts
VHT tint spray on the INSIDE of the lenses. I sprayed mine about 3 years ago, masked off the reverse clear portion to not hamper my reverse brightness. They still look as good as when I sprayed them.
Wash the lenses in warm soapy water before spraying, and I used an old worn piece of red scotchbrite as I cleaned the inside to help adhesion.
Best thing about spraying the inside is that the outside can be maintained normally with polish.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I wonder how many times somebody has gotten hit in the back of their truck and it actually wind up being their fault cause they tinted the tailights. I know there are people out there who would step out of the car screaming about not being able to see the tailights haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks yall, I ended up just buying new tail lights that are legal haha. i'll post a picture when theyre in, hope they fit...

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
most state laws are all about the reflector, not the tint. so long as you can see the reflector at a "specified" distance, you should be ok.

·
Registered
401 Posts
most state laws are all about the reflector, not the tint. so long as you can see the reflector at a "specified" distance, you should be ok.
yup. hawaii state law is 50', but there is also stipulation to modifying DOT approved housings, unless otherwise approved by the chief of police...or some shit like that. best bet op, check your local laws.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
when i tinted the lenses on my tacoma, i got pulled over ALL the time- BUT, i carried the state laws with me, which pissed off the cops, but never resulted in a ticket!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts