TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Moab is right on the East edge of Utah so we could meet in Moab for a few days before or after Takeover. That's what I'm hoping to do while I'm there. ....Steve

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
The Colorado Chapter has basically stepped up and said they would like to host the 2007 TakeOver. Last I heard they were doing the research as far as permits/fees/staging goes. I was under the impression that they were close to having some info to give to me but have not heard anything as of yet. We will have a date a location locked down here soon I can promise you that. By soon I mean before the turn of the new year.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great!

The sooner the better.

My wife is planning a ghost hunting trip at some hunted prison in W-VA and I need to know when TAKE OVER is so this ghost hunting trip won't be a conflict.

It would suck if I could not drive all the away accross country and brake my truck again...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
It will be in/around Buena Vista, CO. There are a WIDE variety of trails around there
(Go to www.4x4trails.net and search on Chaffee County and/or Arapahoe National Forest)

DriftinCO is heading up the Takeover planning. Questions should be directed to him.

ryguy - snow around here is a major problem for 4Wheeling - it closes most of the trails! Some of the trails we are looking at MAY still have snow on them in the summer.

Note that 'wheeling in Colorado is different in a lot of ways compared to what most people are used to. Some of these trails will be at over 10,000 ft elevation! The engine produces A LOT less power up there. The weather in CO, and especially at high elevation is notoriously fickle. Some of these trails, you may need to be prepared to hunker down overnight if weather comes in. It all pays off though with the most amazing views in the country. The song "America the Beautiful" was written after seeing the view from Pikes Peak (14k+ feet elevation)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the buena vista area is absolutly awesome. great views and trails. may is a hard time been there twice in may and one time half the trails were closed due to snow, the other it was open all the way to the top! and it can come in on top of you in a heart beat.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
WallyP226 said:
I will be wheeling in Colorado the last week of July, first week in August. :)

Here is another link with great info on a whole bunch of trails from mild to wild in Colorado.
http://www.traildamage.com/index.php
Be sure to post up in the CO forum when the time is nearer - we'll be happy to show you around!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I will post up when we get read to head that direction. Most likely going to stay in the Salida, Gunneson, Beuna Vista area. Some where between Durango and Colorado Springs, so we can go either way and still do some shopping in between. :)

Wally

1 - 20 of 220 Posts