TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
if you guys do this, I would recommend camping HERE great people run this place, always clean, newer showers, (coin operated) they have a little (very little) store, laundry etc. etc. and price is nice also.
no i dont work there, or even remember thier names, lol.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were about 115 trucks at takeover this past year. Could be more if CO gets the nod. Which trails we get to offer depends on the trail leads who volunteer. If the trail leads come from another group (eg. Rising Sun Land Cruisers), what the TX folks did last year was put the driver/spotter trail lead persons' name in the drawing for the door prizes.

A rough outline of events is:

Thursday - Early bird wheeling on trails (limited number of trails / possible pre-runs for trail leads that didn't get to pre-run earlier in the week)
Friday - Main trail runs / optional night run in fourmile area
Saturday - Main trail runs (sponsored dinner)
Sunday - optional trail runs

In order to give everyone as much time for visiting and enjoy the trails, we're kicking around a staggered start time in the mornings and/or a prescribed return time window in the afternoon 'cause we know folks will want to check out other trucks, visit, etc.

Now also on Fri or Sat the folks that want to do extreme rock crawling could go to BV Carnage and run some skills / timed events there. Folks that aren't crawlin will want to watch.

There's room for more, all Redwillie needs is volunteers.

·
Registered
739 Posts
thats what i was looking for, just thinking about other areas to camp at for alot of people,remember this is just over the pass from me and i spend alot of time over there, so in my own twisted mind i guess i know the area pretty well if you guys want any help?
whats the time line on getting the go on all this?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we're already started, and the sooner we can get a package together to submit to Shannon the sooner we can get the nod from him for CO to be the host chapter

If you have a list of campgrounds or sites, and points of contact, we'd appreciate having those so we can coordinate group discounts and staging areas.

Guapo, you're into extreme wheeling right? Would you consider being trail lead for one of the hard core / extreme trails on two or more days?

·
Registered
739 Posts
yea i'll lead some stuff, i know most of the trails over there real well, i dont know alot of the pay to camp areas etc... i know of alot of the free camping areas, and that may not work for this event,as far as pre planning goes,but it may help later when people start to wonder where other options are

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good info on the national forest campsites is valuable too. Cool that you'll lead trails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts