TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like there may not be a large spotlighted takeover event this year. East coast is slated to have it, but the powers that be would rather see a few large regional takeovers than one large spotlighted one. I personally think they should keep up the tradition of one large national takeover but oh well. Either way most here would not have been able to make the Takeover in the east anyway.

Out west we have a few events that have become annual treks for some of us, AzRocks, June Moab, Farmington Cleanup and now it looks like the Moab Turkey takeover may be here to stay.

Should we try and pull off a large event this year and pull people from other states into Colorado to wheel, or should we keep doing what we have been doing?

Please give me your imput.

·
7,735 Posts
we have to have the flakiest group ever . Do you think it's smart to even think about hosting a "take over"?

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping that starts to change this coming year, but that is a concern.

I also doubt that we would really get too many out of staters that would be interested in makeing the trek to Colorado.

Keep the opinions coming.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think it would be very cool to have one here. If we did, and a large amount of people show up I don't think it would necessarilly be a problem. Multiple runs could be scheduled each day to break up the amount of people on each trail.

It would give people an excuse to travel here and see the awesomness in our mountains.

Think of the looks on some of their faces on a trail near Ouray!

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem with a place like Ouray is that we would need a location with trails for all build and driver levels.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
I like the idea of a big takeover. I also like the idea of smaller takeovers. Im not however looking forward to driving to denver to break my rig. Though at this point my rig broke driving down the street. So to recap I like the huge takeover more! Gives me time to fix my pos.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn I am confused now, drive to denver to break your rig?????

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I also doubt that we would really get too many out of staters that would be interested in makeing the trek to Colorado.
I disagree, I think a lot of folks would come here to wheel. I think the harder part would be picking trails and keeping the whole thing coordinated. Our state and our trails pretty much sell themselves.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
like your main concern ike, the hard part would be hosting it in a location with multiple trails for rigs of different build levels. And I think people would show up from out of state. hell, most of em want to move here so why not take a trip to come wheel. I dont know if we necessarily have the manpower with (like others have said) this flaky group.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I do think that there are enough people here with enough enthusiasm and dedication to make a regional event happen, if that's any help.

...Although I probably ought to just keep my trap shut until my junk is rolling.

Here's an idea to gauge interest...you guys who are prolific on the Nat'l board, throw a link to this thread (or a general interest thread) in your signature line & get post whoring.

Permits, insurance, other red tape?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ike, I think your right about BV being a good spot. Theres a good variety of trails down there and it seemed to work out well for the Wounded Warriors event. Idaho springs area wouldn't be bad either, plenty of trails around there, just need to find a good central spot to host a large group.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will have to start looking at different locations.

BV already has the CO4RJ and I would rather not do another big yota event at the same location. That gets me thinking though, wonder what Volcom would think about us piggybacking on CO4RJ. It would bring a bigger crowd for the raffle ect...... so more money for saving our trails and we could also get a few more items for the raffle making it more exciting. I will have to shoot him a PM sometime soon.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
I thought that co4rj was being held in penrose this year. I could be way off. Wouldn't be the first time. If it is that trail system isn't friendly to trucks with 33s. It also a smaller trail for a lot of trucks. That's if I'm correct on where its at this year.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone else have input?

Plan would be to keep it as low key as possible where ever/when ever it is done.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So thinking about it last night I feel we can easily pull this off. I think we should shoot for BV and either have it at the end of june or the end of august.

What date do you guys think, end of june or end of august?

1 - 20 of 256 Posts