TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since the office of VP has the esteem pleasure of organizing the TX Takeover I want to get this ball rolling faster. I think it is fair to say that we will be gracing Long's Ranch with our presence this year! We just need to come up with some dates. So as not to bias this voting I want you guys to post up some dates and let me know what time frame works best for you. My wife is due in July (17th) so I am basically out of anything until August (if I am lucky) but I will do everything in my power to get this event going. It will take a crew of volunteers to run the thing once you get there, but I can get a lot of the leg work done from here, and who knows, if the wife and child let me I might have the new trail rig out there for the weekend!

·
Old School
938 Posts
I also have a little one on the way, end of July - first of August. September would be good I guess. Maybe October but the Halloween run would clash with it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
June 22-24 sounds good to me. As long as it's not to close to National TO or any other events.

I just wanna wheel....i'm having with draws lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
June 22-24 sounds good to me. I'm up for any weekend after the first one of the month every month.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would prefer late september or early october. june is cutting it to close for me and too close to nationals.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i would prefer late september or early october. june is cutting it to close for me and too close to nationals.
Yeah, but don't forget that we always have our Halloween run in October and having a run the month before would prob. mess it up for many members...

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
With Nat. TO August 3-5, I would recommend a September date. Wheeling/camping in June in TX is not a lot of fun.

This should leave a good amount of room to also accomidate the Halloween run. For those of you who are just itching to wheel, I'd maybe recommend a PreRun to Longs in June/July. So here is what we look like:

June/July: PreRun to Long's Ranch (Long's Ranch - Llano, TX)
August 3 -5: National TakeOver (Farmington, NM)
September 15-16: TX TakeOver (Longs Ranch - Llano, TX)
October 27-28: Halloween Run (BMRA - Gilmer, TX)

NOTE: All dates above (with the exception of National TO) are open to change. This is simply my recommended schedule.

·
Registered
532 Posts
With Nat. TO August 3-5, I would recommend a September date. Wheeling/camping in June in TX is not a lot of fun.

This should leave a good amount of room to also accomidate the Halloween run. For those of you who are just itching to wheel, I'd maybe recommend a PreRun to Longs in June/July. So here is what we look like:

NOTE: All dates above (with the exception of National TO) are open to change. This is simply my recommended schedule.
the voice of reason speaks. :D its official, harley is the new txttora run scheduler. all that sounds great to me.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
dates

these dates look pretty good. If we post the run for June then that leaves a limited time to do a post a prerun to Llano TX. Unless two ro three of you guys have already been there and have a map of it that can help map the trails for different riders.
I'm down for making a prerun in June or July.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
the voice of reason speaks. :D its official, harley is the new txttora run scheduler. all that sounds great to me.
lol, I'm just getting impatient with all these dates. I need to schedule my vactation time scheduled with the quickness!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

Sept would seem like the best month :2cents: . But thats also the same month as ICBM for the TLCA members, but not many around here would be going to ICBM anyways

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
i'M UP FOR THAT SCHEDULE. i JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE i GET TO A RUN WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE. i DON'T KNOW HARDLY ANYBODY HERE EXCEPT FOR cHRIS k. aLSO i WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF THE sas GUYS THERE.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
yeah wooohooo!!! we have an official TTORA secretary lol!! :D

·
Old School
938 Posts

These dates sound good to me too. I would need to schedule vacation time for the run. Will probably only be able to do the run in Sept though as I won't have a whole lot of vacation time available with the baby comin...

As for the spring comment, I agree. Maybe next year we schedule the TX Takeover in Spring...

Lookin forward to it. As soon as we nail it down for sure I plan to ask for the time off...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Well with a little one to be here in about 4 weeks, I am probably out until the Halloween run, if I am lucky, and converted:D. But if ya'll need some help let me know I will do what I can.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts

Here's an idea:

Since there will probably be no one from up north that will go to Long's in September (due to ICBM), what about having the June 22-24 as "the" Takeover?

Then in September, the guys from down south can go to Longs again if they want, while the folks up north go to ICBM and the Halloween run goes as scheduled with everyone together again at BMRA?

I already outlined my thoughts HERE, but I'll stick 'em in this thread for discussion also...

I would like to see three Texas-wide TTORA wheeling trips a year:
1. Spring at BMRA (last one was 2004 IIRC, then the Spring Break Beach Beer fest took over)
2. Summer in the Central Region- I think Long Ranch will be better because the Llano River offers swimming. :)
3. The Halloween Run always provides great weather

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would like to see three Texas-wide TTORA wheeling trips a year:
1. Spring at BMRA (last one was 2004 IIRC, then the Spring Break Beach Beer fest took over)
2. Summer in the Central Region- I think Long Ranch will be better because the Llano River offers swimming. :)
3. The Halloween Run always provides great weather
thats a great idea. the halloween run is always bmra correct? thats fine, halloween is always fun at bmra. i think every year we can pick a different spot for the spring and summer runs. maybe make the spring run the new tx takeover thats open to any tx location? then make the summer run available to any place that can also include oklahoma and hot springs.

id rather wheel than go to the beach, i dont drink much and im married. plus the weather ALWAYS sucks on spring break at the beach anyway.

whats ICBM? (intercontinental ballistic missile?)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts