TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything on Yotatech...anyone ever done it? I have a 1999 extended cab.

Just looking for a write-up if anyone has seen one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
I couldn't find anything on Yotatech...anyone ever done it? I have a 1999 extended cab.

I did it once. Both hooks have to come out of the back at the top, both Oh Sh!t handles on the sides come off, (not the ones on the a pillars. You may have 2) Both visors come off, and the mirror and lights come off the top too. It is one piece of very fragile molded fiber, so be very careful when pulling it down. I started in the rear where there are a few clips holding it up. Use a trim pulling tool to get in there and pry it loose. Should fit out of the door with no seats in with a little coaxing/light bending. Again I must emphasize how fragile it is, DO NOT BEND it too much b/c you will get a crease in it.

Sorry I don't have any pics.

Hope this helps.

Danny

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know how the back of taco headliners are but on most other backings they have like a foam backing on there. When I did mine in my truck i had to remove all the stuff listed by DDRIGGERS as well as the visors and there clips. Those were a pain to get out.

I would sugest having a friend help you once you get ready to actually take it out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
looked at doing mine on Sat. Decided to mask off the dash, and pressure wash it in place. Truck was mudded and very messy already. Oh, we gutted the interior before washing... :)
Will let you know how it turned out once it finally dries...

·
Registered
77 Posts
BudBuilt said:
looked at doing mine on Sat. Decided to mask off the dash, and pressure wash it in place. Truck was mudded and very messy already. Oh, we gutted the interior before washing... :)
your probably going to have the hedliner material falling off after to long if you preasure wash it. but that's all up to you, I would say to just rent a rug shampoo unit and use one of the attachments and use that one the liner.

The glue that holds it on isn't all that great, it's not meant for any kind of abuse and damn would a preasure washer abuse it to hell.
PS think about all the water that's going to be trapped behind that thing and the fact that it's going to take a long time to dry.

MOLD comes to mind with this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BudBuilt said:
Whoooaa, that's insane man. Bad idea. That thing is going to mold up and rip apart like no other.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Icepuck72 said:

I have the FSM pages for a 2002 which shows removal/installation etc. for the roofliner. Drop me an email or PM is you'd like 'em sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
AZTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing