TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talk me out of chevies on 05 reg cab

Title pretty much says it all.

I want the most flex and bang for the buck on my 05 regular cab taco. I am not worried about cutting or welding, or my warranty for that matter. I bought my truck to wheel it.

The tentative idea (I say idea because I am still in the research phase) for now is to run OME coils and shocks up front, and chevies or a comparable 63 inch leaf in the rear.

From the research I have done regarding 63 inch leaf springs, on the older generation of taco, one could expect anywhere from 4-6 inches of lift. That is on the older taco though... would it be more, less, the same on an 05+?

I Know with the OME setup, I would be able to run 33 inch tires.

With a modified cab mount, would a 34 or even a 35 be possible? What is the determining factor?

Pretty much what I am looking for is a good debate to shoot holes in my plans, backed by facts.

If it will not work, veterans of ttora, please take the time to explain why, that way I can modify my current plan or formulate a new one.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i dont think ive seen 63's on the new tacos yet.you should just do it and be the first one on your block. they are alittle heavier right? i would imagine it would be alittle lower:2cents:. good luck with your research

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
badmoonrising said:
i dont think ive seen 63's on the new tacos yet.you should just do it and be the first one on your block. they are alittle heavier right? i would imagine it would be alittle lower:2cents:. good luck with your research

I don't mind being a pioneer... just looking for holes in my plan.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as frame strength... with the frame being c-channel from the cab back, think it is strong enough?

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
The frame is fine for the weight of the leafs. The thing that you will have to worry about with what you are thinking is that if the chevys DO give you 4-6 inches, there is no coil that you can put up front that will make it even out. You would be sitting horribly stinkbug. The options you have as far as anything for your truck would be either a set of leafs from All Pro, or a custom pack from Deaver, or something else.

As far as a 34-35 inch tire, the wheel well on those trucks are plenty big enough for a 33 with a mild lift. The problem comes with the body mount on the cab side of the well in the front. A few people have modified that so there would be less rub. Getting a 6" lift would work with a 34-35 tire right off the bat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts