TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i'll definatly be there! went last year and had a great time!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Do you know if it's going to rain again?

Because 2 years ago Kurt planned far enough in advance that he was able to make it a weekend with nice weather.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if it's going to rain again?

Because 2 years ago Kurt planned far enough in advance that he was able to make it a weekend with nice weather.
According to the Farmer's Almanac it's suppose to be a perfect wheeling weekend, and that's verbatim.:xozzy:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
In that case - I'LL BE THERE! - for the 3rd year in a row!
:driving: :camping: :xbeer1:​

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
im going to try and make it, one question (didnt see it on the form) is it 75 per vehicle or per person? (please say its 75 per vehicle)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
It's $75 per rig.

The more people, the merrier - each person just has to sign a waiver.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of gayness is this?

I gotta pay $75 AND buy a fire extinhuisher between now and Sept ?!?!?!

...You know them guys from Minnesota ain't gonna pass any kind of inpsection!
Maybe you'll win the fire extinguisher in the raffle on Saturday night and be able to wheel on Sunday... :D Or better yet, Matt Thompson is a firefighter, I'm sure he could find some "spares" and bring them along...

The inspection is Mandatory as a TLCA Open Event. We have to do it as part of the cost of getting the insurance through them.

As far as the Minnesota boys, I'm sure they'll pass inspection if they really want to...if not, I think that whoever is doing inspection may wind up with multiple gun shots...Kurt?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
So I take it by the last rule that there will be no trailer queens allowed? No purpose-built buggies? I'm pretty sure that will rule out Cole (Minnesota guy) for sure. Several other rigs that were there last year won't comply with at least one of the rules. I mean, personally, I don't have an issue with it but I'm sure some people will.

Jamie, I've got 3 extinguishers. I'll bring ya one and sell it to ya if you'd like. I think mine were only like $15 or $20. I've got 2 in my truck already.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I take it by the last rule that there will be no trailer queens allowed? No purpose-built buggies? I'm pretty sure that will rule out Cole (Minnesota guy) for sure. Several other rigs that were there last year won't comply with at least one of the rules. I mean, personally, I don't have an issue with it but I'm sure some people will.

Jamie, I've got 3 extinguishers. I'll bring ya one and sell it to ya if you'd like. I think mine were only like $15 or $20. I've got 2 in my truck already.
Which rules are you looking at? Here are the rules from what I understand...
1. Any open vehicle must have a roll bar firmly attached to the floor. A roll bar is recommended for all vehicles.
2. Seat belts for all persons. Must be usable.
3. First aid kit.
4. Fire extinguisher, must show full charge and/or have the seal intact.
5. Tow rope, chain, cable, or strap.
6. CB antenna longer than 60 inches must be secured top and bottom, no metal whips allowed.
7. Jack, lug wrench, and a spare tire. Spare tire must have 3/32" minimum of tread. Event shall decide if spare must be carried on the vehicle.
8. Operable brake lights
9. A functioning braking system to include a parked position. Event host has the final decision of safety rule compliance.
10. Each vehicle must demonstrate its braking system works.
11. Current vehicle registration and proof of insurance.

We are going to try to run it very similar to what I experienced at Cruise Moab.

Basically it went like this:
Pull in, show proof of insurance, check your signals and lights, check under the vehicle for any possible mechanical issues, check the e-brake, check the ability to stall the engine, etc. It's really not all that difficult, and it's basic stuff that most all of us would want the guy/gal in front of us or behind us to have working. We don't want to see another incident like what took place last year, nor do we want to have anyone get injured. It's all about the fun. I know I'm being a bit serious here, but I personally want to have a fun, incident free weekend.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just have your shit together or go home. Safety is the primary concern, the fun comes later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amen, brother! I'm considering doing a Texas Hold'em Tourney on Friday night, with all proceeds going to a wheeling charity...thoughts? Saturday night I'd like to see us all gathered round a big ol bonfire pulling back a few cold one's and some of Art's Apple Cider...I'm so stoke about Tall Corn this year!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to seeing you all again!

When are you heading to Moab?
Here are my pics from CM07
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/packman73/

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sounds likeTall Corn is going to be bad ass this year.

Nice pics from Moab! I'll be going out last week of sept.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Several other rigs that were there last year won't comply with at least one of the rules. I mean, personally, I don't have an issue with it but I'm sure some people will.
You may be right there probably were some rigs last year that would not have passed all inspection items. The majority of attendees will have no problems passing inspection. Tall Corn Cruiser club will have to deal with each inspection issue on a case by case basis. It could be our clubs ass if something happens and it involves a rig that we let in that didn't meet one of the requirements.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts