TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
Joined
·
1,700 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Anyone out there running a 39" tire or taller? Know anyone that is? What did you/they do to acheive the clearance without cutting fenders. Currently planning a sas. Thanks.
For a non sas it would take alot more work in order to clear 39"+ tires but for a sas i would think custom made leaf springs and shakles would give you the clearence you need to acheive that goal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I am currently running 38's and in the process of redoing my SAS to allow fitting either the 39 or 42 IROK's. Trust me...I'm already at 15" of total lift and though I'm planning another 2-3" lift I'm also looking at having to cut fenderwells to adequately clear that much tire.

One other thing that has helped me clear a larger tire while hard wheeling is running full width axle in combination with terribly deep backspaced Military Hummer rims...this keeps the turning radius of the tire tighter and helps clearance issues (particularly the back of the fenderwell).

There are a few limited pics of my truck on 15" lift on my webpage at www.CornfedSuspension.com on the SAS page. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them at [email protected] or here on the forum.

Later,
David
 

·
Hoist The Colors!
Joined
·
15,832 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Anyone out there running a 39" tire or taller? Know anyone that is? What did you/they do to acheive the clearance without cutting fenders. Currently planning a sas. Thanks.
I am running 39.5 IROKS currently with my full width D60's and will more than likely be going to 42's with my next tire change. The key to fitting them is to move your front axle forward. My front axle is sitting 5" more forward than stock at the moment and I have plenty of room to fit 42's. If you are doing an axle swap moving the axle forward would be the best thing to do rather than trying to lift it sky high. I am also running re-centered military hummer wheels with a 4" backspacing. What I mean by re-centering them is, I cut the centers out of the wheels and welded in new ones to get the back spacing I wanted as the backspacing the hummer wheels come with is just too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
I am running 39.5 IROKS currently with my full width D60's and will more than likely be going to 42's with my next tire change. .
are you going to run the 42" IROK's? im not to happy with 39.5's, atleast for the wheeling i have around (tellico type stuff). as soon as i pay uncle sam and get my dual front 60's or atleast a front 60 im going to step up to a 42" TSL. and drop the truck 2 more inches and cut some more :welder: BTW are you running a fuel cell? if so what fuel pump are you using? I want to use an inline fuel pump, but i have toyed with the idea of building my own and using the stock sending unit. just have to practice with the tig welder alittle :D
 

·
Hoist The Colors!
Joined
·
15,832 Posts
zszac111 said:
are you going to run the 42" IROK's? im not to happy with 39.5's, atleast for the wheeling i have around (tellico type stuff). as soon as i pay uncle sam and get my dual front 60's or atleast a front 60 im going to step up to a 42" TSL. and drop the truck 2 more inches and cut some more :welder: BTW are you running a fuel cell? if so what fuel pump are you using? I want to use an inline fuel pump, but i have toyed with the idea of building my own and using the stock sending unit. just have to practice with the tig welder alittle :D
I will not be going back with IROK's as the 39.5's I have currently have already worn more than what I anticipated them to. They are very soft and the rocks like to chew them up. I will be going back with TSL's my next tire change as the last set of TSL's I had I got an extreme amount of use of them before I ditched them.

I am currently running the factory fuel tank.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top