TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on ordering this system: http://www.chaosfab.com/88000.html. But I have a couple questions to ask the more experienced LT guys on here.

1. The suggested tire size is 31" or 33x10.5" or 12.5". Would you recommend going with the 31" or 33"?

I only ask that question becuase when my buddy was lifting his Jeep (I know 2 completely different things) he was told to go with a tire size in between the manufacturers suggested min and max tire size.

And...

2. The kit does not come with shocks but TC suggests either 8" travel 2.5" or Sway Away 8" travel 2.5" coilover with 90 degree resevoir fitting. Which would be better?

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
the 5 lugs come as 4 bangers and from what i heard with 33's the taco struggles a bit. Even when you re gear to 4:88. I use to run 31'' BFG's on my 6 and i actually loved them more than my nittos now. I only upgraded to 33's because cosmetically i thought the tires looked way way too small.

As far as shocks go its all prefferance. I had SAW 2.0 CO's as my first suspension upgrade, they worked fine, no complaints here. But alot of my friends have had problems with the seals, and rusting. Im running foxes with my LT kit, and they havent failed me yet (knock on wood). Again its all prefferance. Myabe check out to see if ICON has LT shocks for the taquito kit, i know their shocks come valved for their application out of the box so thats a time+money saver.

well its 4:22am and im still pretty wasted. Good luck.
-Joe

·
Registered
651 Posts
the smallest tire that can get the job done is best. I run 33s on my 5 lug and it is fine. less rolling resistance is better for wear and tear on the suspension, engine, tranny, drivetrain, and mpg. with that said, fonz is right, it does look funny and bigger tires would make it look a whole lot nicer. you can run 32x11.5R15 if you want its not that big of a difference if you regear. I have not tried 33s yet but they seem pretty darn big and would rub my glass if i mobbed too hard.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
trifenix is right 32s are the ticket ive driven a 99' taquito and any bigger of a tire and the engine starts to struggle, and rubbing issues start to pop up

francis

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
since its a 4banger id run 32's and rear gear. Ull wont be bogging out and its improvment over a 31. i got 32s on my truck right now as well

·
Registered
118 Posts
the smallest tire that can get the job done is best. I run 33s on my 5 lug and it is fine. less rolling resistance is better for wear and tear on the suspension, engine, tranny, drivetrain, and mpg. with that said, fonz is right, it does look funny and bigger tires would make it look a whole lot nicer. you can run 32x11.5R15 if you want its not that big of a difference if you regear. I have not tried 33s yet but they seem pretty darn big and would rub my glass if i mobbed too hard.
Yeah I'm runnin 33x10.50x15 and first good hit I busted a little of my front passenger side glass, had to do some trimming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't your year 5 lug have a 2.7 with 159hp vs. the older ones with only a 2.4 and 142hp? I ran 33x12.5's on the 2.4 with 4.56 gears and it was fine. I think your truck will be fine with 33x12.5's. You'll just probably have to trim your glass a little more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't your year 5 lug have a 2.7 with 159hp vs. the older ones with only a 2.4 and 142hp? I ran 33x12.5's on the 2.4 with 4.56 gears and it was fine. I think your truck will be fine with 33x12.5's. You'll just probably have to trim your glass a little more.
Correct. I want to run 33's becuase as the guys mentioned above it will look better cosmetically. Ive also been looking at ways to enhance motor peformence. So far I've only found an intake and exhaust. Nothing special but it's a start.

As far as the rear is concerned Id like to run the rear TC for my truck. I've found the shocks I wanna run but I can't find the leaf springs. They reccommend Deavers but I don't know what pack to run.

·
Registered
143 Posts
another mini WOOOOOT

that truck u have in ur avatar is daves....he ran 33 so that gives u an idea ....

the rear kit....im going to run the 50t pack from allpro/trifecra/engage and i am removing the 5 th leaf so it dosent sit so high...i also have mid travel in the front so it will be kinda stink bug look but oh well....

PM with any questions ....i have researched alot for our mini and i would be the guy to talk to about the mini :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
the 5 lugs come as 4 bangers and from what i heard with 33's the taco struggles a bit. Even when you re gear to 4:88. I use to run 31'' BFG's on my 6 and i actually loved them more than my nittos now. I only upgraded to 33's because cosmetically i thought the tires looked way way too small.

-Joe
Not true ...i run 33 on my 4 banger mini with a 5 speed and i regeared to 4.10 and it works like stock ...i had 4.56 and it was to high i was doing like 4k at 80 mph

·
Registered
143 Posts
F67 pack may be too tall for the 5-lug...maybe run the F55 pack so its not as high.

The F67 pack was a little tall on my truck (6-lug prerunner) until the leaves settled a bit, came down a few inches so far and its only been a year and two months
the F67 or 50T would look good ASLONG as he had the front LT...Daves (tacobrums) truck sat nice with f67 and he had LT allaround on 33s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts