TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..i've a question for all of u...

There's someone who have on his rig a system that disconnect the rear traction (or rear shaft...the same)?
I know that there are the Atlas or the Stak but what i need to know is if there are some other alternative system, also home made, to do this operation.
Me and my friend have a Trial (european Rock Crawling) rig with Toyota 3.0L T-diesel engine, driveline and axles, and we need to brake the rear and turn with front..

Thanks now for all ideas...:xbeer3: :xbeer3: :xbeer3:

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
You are looking to be able to do front digs by disconnecting the rear driveline. Honestly, you'll get a lot more feedback from the guys over on Pirate 4x4. Post up in the older Toyota and 4Runner section and I'm sure they will offer a lot of help.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
There is a company that has just started to make this kit for the Toyota driveline.

Trail tough makes a rear driveline disconnect for Toyota's .

http://www.trailtough.com/

You have to dig around in their web site to find it but it is there. I'm going to order one and see how well it does. I think it is about $429.00 US.

Good luck.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Cool stuff Wyatt.

FROM their website in the Transfercase / Driveshaft section a little more than half way down.

Rear Drive Disconnect

This compact unit simply replaces the rear drive shaft flange of the Samurai transfer case. It is a great alternative for the Samurai owner who can take advantage of the benefits of all of the various new transfer case gearing options and have the ability to "burn-turn" or do front wheel digs......just like the guys with the Atlas cases! Our rear drive disconnect works not only for the serious wheeler's burn-turning needs, but also works excellent for disconnecting the drive shaft for guys who just want to flat tow.

Item #DIS-400 Price $399.00

For Toyotas
Item #DIST-400 Price $429.00

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Thanks for the picture and the link Mike. I didn't have time to put it up and I didn't want that poor guy to get flamed on the Pirate board.:eek:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Trail gear makes one also...
I went onto the trail gear web site and couldn't find one on their site. Not that I would purchase one from them, I just wanted to see what they were charging

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys....this is like what me and my friend are trying to build...cooooool...really...:xbeer3: :xbeer3: :xbeer3:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I believe RockStomper was making air ram assist for this setup so you could do it on the fly. Otherwise you will have to stop and creep forward to get the teeth to engage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe RockStomper was making air ram assist for this setup so you could do it on the fly. Otherwise you will have to stop and creep forward to get the teeth to engage.

Hmmm...i take a look on rock stomper site but i can't find a system to disconnect the rear shaft...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:banghead: ...i've sent a mail to trailtough...but....the problem is that in the US the T-case with 19 spline output shaft it doesn't exist (the kit is avaible only for 27 spline shaft) and there's no adapter avaible....:mad: ...so...no progress....i think that we have to do a lot of :welder: work..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts