TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have been search some and couldn't find the answer maybe i am using the wrong key words but here is my question..........

what is the teeth count on a 4.10 ring gear and what is the teeth count on a 4.88 ring gear. booth are for a front diff front also if that makes any diffrence.

thanks jesse

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
gixxerjesse said:
ok i have been search some and couldn't find the answer maybe i am using the wrong key words but here is my question..........

what is the teeth count on a 4.10 ring gear and what is the teeth count on a 4.88 ring gear. booth are for a front diff front also if that makes any diffrence.

thanks jesse
41 on the ring of a 4.10:1 10 on the pinion

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gixxerjesse said:

thanks jesse
the ratio should be stamped on the side of the ring gear

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was mainly wanting to know on the 4.88's, so it should be stamped on the ring i will check that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hytenor said:
the ratio should be stamped on the side of the ring gear

the ratio wasn't stamped on the side of the "4.88" ring i searched for a while didn't even try to find it on the other one it is a 4.10 gear counted the teeth easy enough. i am about 99% postive the one is a 4.88. it has 39 teeth gear so if i divide that by 8 i get 4.88 or it would be a 3.9 with 10 tooth or a 4.33 with 9 tooth....... and so on

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gixxerjesse said:
the ratio wasn't stamped on the side of the "4.88" ring i searched for a while didn't even try to find it on the other one it is a 4.10 gear counted the teeth easy enough. i am about 99% postive the one is a 4.88. it has 39 teeth gear so if i divide that by 8 i get 4.88 or it would be a 3.9 with 10 tooth or a 4.33 with 9 tooth....... and so on
then it must be some off-brand of gear. OE, PG, Yukon, etc all have the ratios stamped on the ring.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gixxerjesse said:
as far as i know it is the stock toyota gears, out of a 95 4runner
and nothing at all is stamped on the ring...interesting. All the OE Taco rings have the ratio on them like 3.5, 3.9, 4.1, etc. they leaf the 3rd digit off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as far as i know its not stamped the dif is still together so it may be stamped underneath the bolts that hold it onto the carrier. i had checked for about 10 minutes or so because i have been told what you say is the word of yota but still no find.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gixxerjesse said:
i had checked for about 10 minutes or so because i have been told what you say is the word of yota but still no find.
only if Yota is a better BSer than I :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was brian33sc that told me that so i will let you make your own judgement

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
gixxerjesse said:
it was brian33sc that told me that so i will let you make your own judgement
that explains a lot :rofl:
how drunk was he at the time? :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
4 Participants
gixxerjesse
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing