TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im sitting at home right now waiting for the UGA CWS game to start wondering where everyone is b/c the forum is dead.

Im also wondering what Ed was doing up at 4:30 am on a Saturday posting on the forum :D lol Even I go to sleep on the weekends.

I'll make this a sticky and we'll keep it running for those boring weekends. And the people who have a life, or a truck that aint broke, can report back, if the so choose, and tell us what an interesting weekend they had not living on TTORA.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
hell i noticed ed's post too. I'm hitting up mortons of chicago w/ the father-in-law tomorrow, $50 steaks a incredible. Are you going to fix your ifs or just cut it off?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Lazily browsed craigslist, went to a buddies to have a tongue welded to a travel trailer I got for free, and just was bored the rest of the day. Didn't have anything to work on today, all I had to do was be pissed off at the bumper that won't fit my truck after getting it fixed...Just sat and stared at the bumper and mounts, waiting for them to morph into something useful. :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
just got back from Brad's shop to get some tubework done on my front bumper and new rock sliders. He does some damn good work

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hell i noticed ed's post too. I'm hitting up mortons of chicago w/ the father-in-law tomorrow, $50 steaks a incredible. Are you going to fix your ifs or just cut it off?
yes ed need to explain himself :D

im going to cut it off....

eventually.

unfortunately I just dont have the dough to get it done "now". Im collecting parts here and there, the wallet killer's are custom shafts, a link kit, and coilovers.

And Im busy trying to get the 80 rear done so I can swap it in and deliver my Taco rear to its new owner. That money will go towards the collection of more parts ;)

In the meantime I think Im going to find an IFS diff with the gear ratio in it that I need rather than buy new gears and pay to have them installed. Ive seen 4:88 and 5.29 diffs go for $200 and less. Thats cheaper than new gears.

Im not even sure whats broke in mine, but the 80 is going to have 4:88's so my front diff wont match anyway.

Im not keeping anything secret, no suprises. There will be a build thread when it happens. Im not sure when it will though as Im going back to school and the money is going to start trickling rather than flowing :(

But when I get the 80 rear in I will post a thread for that. I just dont have much on it right now.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Uhhh got in laaaaaaaaateeeeeee from the Roots festival & was wound up from good music n stuff.

Didn't make it home untill just now from last night's show.

Saw Donna Hughs, Cherryholmes, Lovell Sisters, Tim O'Brian, The Greencards, Infamous Stringdusters & Sam Bush, one of my all time favorite performers. I know y'all never heard of any of em but THEY ALL JAM.

I'm gona take a nappy now.

Later lets wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i'm in the process of just saving money, i will make sure i have enough money to put into this process of SAS w/ a second case. I can forsee the new house stalling my project.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I went to Tellico this weekend with Brad, Ed was going to come but we had a hitch in our giddyup with communications, but from the sound of things, and the timestamp on his post saying he just got in, I dont think he would've made it. We hit the trails about 11:30, and the place was dead, didn't see another rig on the trails all day. Saw some jeeps hanging out on trail 1, but that was it. I crunched rear passenger side on gaurdrail....oops.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Uhhh got in laaaaaaaaateeeeeee from the Roots festival & was wound up from good music n stuff.

Didn't make it home untill just now from last night's show.

Saw Donna Hughs, Cherryholmes, Lovell Sisters, Tim O'Brian, The Greencards, Infamous Stringdusters & Sam Bush, one of my all time favorite performers. I know y'all never heard of any of em but THEY ALL JAM.

I'm gona take a nappy now.

Later lets wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!
WoW, i picked up on Tim OBrian Sam Bush and the Lovell Sisters... where did you see this show??
... makes me remember, its time for "shindig on the green" up in Asheville!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
WoW, i picked up on Tim OBrian Sam Bush and the Lovell Sisters... where did you see this show??
... makes me remember, its time for "shindig on the green" up in Asheville!
The Roots & Music Festival at the Ga Mtn Fairgrounds in Hiawassee. They were all sooo good I couldn't name a favorite ...

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im predicting a dead forum for this 4th weekend. What will you be doing?

Me, IDK yet.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I'll be blowing junk up in TN, and then back home to pack and head to Alaska on the 7th

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Cruise/Tour

With my grandparents.

8 days inland, trains/buses/etc, through Denali, and a lot of other really cool places.
then 8 days aboard cruise ship coming south through the fjords back down to Vancouver. I'll take lots of pics.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts
About this Discussion
348 Replies
54 Participants
*Darcy*
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing