TTORA Forum banner

321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
We need to make a lawsuit against Facebook for ruining our GA-TTORA social lives.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I'd give it a go! Ive driven a couple of the old toyota uhaul trucks.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
hope everyone made it though the weather unscathed yesterday!

·
Registered
147 Posts
bored!!

been in GA a few weeks and haven't met any Toyota people around Columbus and I've looked! I'm seriously having with drawls from not wheeling or at least wrenching with some buddies.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Starting early with the whiskey on SuperBowl Sunday:D

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Well I keep hearing from the wife how the forum has died, esp when Shannon sold it. Sucks, and it's sad but in a way it's not. Were all still alive afaik, so that's the same, were just progressing through life, most of us who have known each other a while here, the younger crowd who was in school, have now moved on, graduated, gotten jobs, moved out of state, but most of us are still close enough to attend events and do, we just can't wheel, monthly, spur of the moment like we used to. But we're all still here I know myself and Nicole will eventually get back out more often. Can say exactly when that will be, but we will.

On that note we aren't sure what to do about SETO. But we still want to have an event that gives us an excuse to see each other. We'll work something out. Don't wanna get into that still early.

Us, were busy, I work a lot. Just got done with an 18 day stretch. Don't have to but in my trade, in any skilled trade you kinda learn to take it when it's there. So I'm eating it up. Mostly do 58hr weeks occasionally up to 70 and maybe once a month I'll only put in 50. So 4-5 days off a month, can't do much. Loving the job, but don't have much time for anything else. Esp wheeling. But looking forward to the day we can get back out much more often than just SETO and the occasional harlan trip.

Anyhow, kind of a pita to do photos, and most of you see us on fb anyway, but our latest is we have a mini-me named Corbin, he's just passed 10 months old, and we both have new DDs, an '09 Seqouia and a '10 Camry. Still have our old rides, just don't have time to mess with them lately. 4runner and taco had been my dd depending on which would crank that day, and taco doesn't like cold weather so I had been driving the runner and it all of the sudden decided to act like the taco so I had to run out and buy the camry which is nice but it's weird driving a car. But at least it's fast! and has heated seats. Anyhoo, imma shut up and go to sleep. Miss everyone. Hope we can get everyone together again this year, we're working on it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dam, never realized Shannon sold out. Who bought it?
Last I remember Shannon had health issues of some kind and he was selling the tacozilla to pay the bills.

I was on here daily back in 08-09 then started getting into making 3-4 ton barn doors fast (diesels):rolleyes: and slowly quit coming over here. Got the offroad itch back lately and came back to find the tumble weeds blowing down the street.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Darcy knows more specifically when he sold it. I think it was early to mid 2014 but I could be off.

Iirc tacozilla was a few rigs ago, he built an fjc at some point I think, then a first gen 4runner on 40/60, then sold that and has some 70's gmc? Street truck now and that was around the time be sold TTORA.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Meant to mention all the new additions lately,

Myself and Darcy, Brad (mossyrocks), Chase (88cleve4runner), have had babies in the last year, and now Corey (vvcrow) is expecting.

Did I forget anyone? I think it will be fun in the future, assuming everyone is gonna stay in the sport, seeing everyone with the little ones running around and eventually learning the ropes. Just my take.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Meant to mention all the new additions lately,

Myself and Darcy, Brad (mossyrocks), Chase (88cleve4runner), have had babies in the last year, and now Corey (vvcrow) is expecting.

everyone with the little ones running around and eventually learning the ropes.
We're working on it

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Darcy knows more specifically when he sold it. I think it was early to mid 2014 but I could be off.

Iirc tacozilla was a few rigs ago, he built an fjc at some point I think, then a first gen 4runner on 40/60, then sold that and has some 70's gmc? Street truck now and that was around the time be sold TTORA.
I see, didn't sell it to long ago then.

Yeah, it's been that long since I've been on.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Well didnt know he sold it either. Interesting

321 - 340 of 349 Posts
About this Discussion
348 Replies
54 Participants
*Darcy*
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing