TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I want to thank Adam, Kevin, Brad & Jayce who has helped wrench on my Tacoma.
And to the many others that I have used their threads on the items I have read up on and how they installed the equipment.

This thread is to allow people to post questions about my rig - outside of the Garage Section.

CLick on the following link for the modifications.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86645
That's it for now...see you on the trails.

WHAT IS NEXT?!?

The clean-up and maybe painting of the FZJ80 wheels

I did purchase Budbuilt's Belly Pan skid plate and cross member.

But due to interference with CBI's Clamp-on Slider mounts, I have to figure out to modify the Cross Over Member.
JFAB and I were talking about what we could do with it.
Once I get that done, I will post up.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Deaver-10s installed.... 2 wks ago.

Finally did the Grey Wire Mod today.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed a bracket onto my e-brake on the hubs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your truck is awesome! I'm diggin it. I have a 2004 tacoma 4x4 and I'm looking forward to turn it into an expedition truck as well. So far the modification that I have on my truck is TG rockassault bumper w/ built in winch, Fabtech 2.5 suspension lift/coilovers, 285/75r16 tires, K&N intake, midland cb radio, and a soon to come locally fabricated swing out tailgate w/ tire holder. So far your taco is the 1st that caught my attention so if I have any question in mind I'll know who to ask. By the way my name is Sanders. Your truck got me so hyped up that I forgot to introduce myself. I'm new to this forum.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Truck looks great, just one question where did you relocate your oil filter to? Pictures of the relocated filter would be nice, you can just pm them to me if you like.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your truck is awesome! I'm diggin it. I have a 2004 tacoma 4x4 and I'm looking forward to turn it into an expedition truck as well. So far the modification that I have on my truck is TG rockassault bumper w/ built in winch, Fabtech 2.5 suspension lift/coilovers, 285/75r16 tires, K&N intake, midland cb radio, and a soon to come locally fabricated swing out tailgate w/ tire holder. So far your taco is the 1st that caught my attention so if I have any question in mind I'll know who to ask. By the way my name is Sanders. Your truck got me so hyped up that I forgot to introduce myself. I'm new to this forum.
Thanks and WELCOME to TTORA!!!
Remember if you get that custom built tire gate bumper there will be two things you will need.
63" Chevy leaf springs or custom leaf pack (greater than 10 leafs).
Reinforcement Plates for the frame - to prevent bending of the frame.

Truck looks great, just one question where did you relocate your oil filter to? Pictures of the relocated filter would be nice, you can just pm them to me if you like.
Thanks! It is located just under the battery tray.
I will try remember to post up pics of the location this weekend.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just installed a couple MAC's tie downs.

Love how they work and the ease to install.
Can not wait to try them out on the trail.
BTW - it was a Christmas gift. :D

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally installed the tube doors on my taco - - yeah I know it took 4 months! Talk about a procrastinator. :D

I slotted the upper factory hinge's bolt hole.

Makes mounting and dismounting way easier.

Side view - the door barely sticks out.

You may be wondering or not... why I did not install the 4Xinnovations' hinges... well I tried... then it became quickly apparent that I do need an extra hand. I was able to mount them with the factory doors. But it was a PITA to align and tighten the bolts (hence the reason the passenger flare is off), I unbolted the back half of the inner plastic splash guard. Still a pain to get it right.
So I remounted the factory stuff and slotted the top hole on the factory hinge.
Works so much easier (sorry 4XI)... so I will most likely keep it this way for now.
Then sell off the hinges I bought.
We shall see... I now need to stop by dealer to get those damn Red and Blue clips for my fender flare.

·
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts