TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so not a Taco and not a SAS but you guys would know best.

Front HP44 with 5.38s and Non Trd Taco rear with 5.29s??
I "heard" it was ok but i dont know any of those guys from across the country so i wanna ask you guys since i can come and find you and kick your tacos if you lie :D Just run a bit less pressure up front? Like 2 or so psi? is there a rule?

Yes its going into a ummm *COUGHJEEPCOUGH* a 4cyl TJ. What are you guys running tire wise with stock shafts? Ill prolly run up to 37s or maybe tsls in the 38 flavor. With the 4cyl i dont see me really getting enough power through to snap a shaft. Should i wait it out and see or just get alloys and be done? Smart answer is alloys huh?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes, the 5.38s and 5.29 combo will be fine to run. I know several people that run this on their DDs/trail rigs.

37-38s on stock shafts...the rear axle will be OK, and the front may or may not last...depends on how you like to drive.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I believe that ratio is close enough that you should be okay. Perhaps also post on the NB or 4x4wire to be sure.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Yes, the 5.38s and 5.29 combo will be fine to run. I know several people that run this on their DDs/trail rigs.

37-38s on stock shafts...the rear axle will be OK, and the front may or may not last...depends on how you like to drive.
okay....I was right! :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet. I was hoping it would work. Ill definately be going chromies for up front. Im not very careful with the jeep. If you ever see it youll know. but i dont get juts with the skinny just cause i dont have power. Might change with gears but who knows til i get to drive it like that. I might just get a set of chromollies and put em in just so i dont spend time on the trail doing it.

I only know of two other jeeps that have taco or toy axles so ill be doing a big writeup on the install. 8.8 bracket kit for the rear and gonna have ZUK do my gears in the back. Spool up front cause im cheap and a square front shaft. Jason Bowman at Truck Werks in chandler will be doing all the fab work so ill have to get his ok to be in the shop while they weld it up and finish it. Ill more than likely get all my front stuff for the 44 from Ballistic cause id much rather them get my money than RE.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
I had those gears in my swapped 2000 tacoma and it was fine. I never even noticed a difference. I think the general rule of thumb is no more than 1%, and this combo is something like .98%. I wouldn't lock it up on the dry pavement, but rocks and dirt are no problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the info. Yeah i figured ill never get to run this on pavement. Damn there goes all that urban wheeling!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is this the guy I got to watch roll out at squeeze rock on a AZVJC run?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts