TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is off of tc's page. How do you think this setup look compared to what i already have. BTW i have 4x4 and will most likely be crawlin then racing; ie im not into prerunner, especially on a daily driver imo. Anyways the first one is a photo shop of the tc long travel with glass fenders and tube bumper. Second is me and mine.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i think it LOOKS nice, but if your not into prerunning then i think you should just save the money on long travel and glass and instead just get sliders and a bumper(in my opinion the one in your pic would be a good one) :2cents:

·
Registered
533 Posts
It doesn't make much sense to put that kind of cash into a racing suspension if you just want to crawl it. SAS them shits if you want to crawl.

I would love to have that setup, not for the looks, but for the performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW that is a DC with a shorty bed so mine will be even longer than that one in the ass. I think that it would look sick as shiv. The only thing is that money, damn stuff is expensive and i have already put about 600 or 700 in the suspension. Not talking about the rims and tires, i would keep thos. But do people put on rear wheel spacers if they dont want that pre runner look or is that all you get. i will lift the rear another inch if i do this too, Mabey. Keep posting replies i want to hear what you all think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shit had 2 replies before i got that last one out. Less Modified Taco i know what you mean it LOOKS great. Is it going to be probable? And Yeah the sliders are my current project im going to make my own, my high school teacher still loves me and will let me work in the shop when school gets out for the day. They are going to look just like the shrockworks sliders, hopefully. 007 i would love to sas that taco. My old shop teacher wants me to do it. Shop fee is 10% of cost of the supplies that go through his account. I can just junk yard it for an old straiter out of an older toyota. he has a full size bronco that has a sas with sweet looking coilover suspension. This is the setup i will do if i go sas. No leafs or coil springs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah same here, i dont understand why you would consider LT when you wanna crawl..if i was you i would get sliders first...and a locker second if you dont have one.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
You wanna crawl go SAS. Your going to spend about the same amount of money either way.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Theres so much crap to do before either LT or SAS. Bumpers, skids, sliders, not to mention recovery gear and tools.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Here is my train of thought on such modifactions, take it for what it is worth!

If you are even considering a SAS down the road, why waste money on an intermediate lift that you are only going to rip out later?

Wheel the truck the way it is, learn the ins and outs of the type of terrian you are normally in. Then build your SAS around that. Learn to wheel your IFS to it's limits before sas'n and you will be ahead, both in money for the SAS as well as experience.

The trick is not to go over the fine line regarding your IFS wheel'n, you don't want to dwindle down your SAS fund by having to repair your IFS to keep it road worthy. thus the education and experience factor grows as well.

Now is the "glass" needed for the SAS? no, but like you I think it looks good and yes somewhere down the road I will probably have "glass" on my rig as well. But there are other performance priorities first!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts