TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took the taco out to Ocotillo Wells last night. Jumped the crap out of it. Bottomed only a few times. The bolt that runs through the uniball on both sides punctured holes in my upper fender well. Never bottomed out hard. Hit the deep whoops on the way to shell reef. Front radflos need revalving. Not dropping out fast enough. Same in the rear.

Biggest issue? My front bumper. Not enough ground clearance. Almost made jumping no fun because you would see a wave of sand fly over my truck every time. =(

O'well. Had a good time and I can't wait to get it all dialed in!

Sorry no pics or vids. It was dark. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Well, took the taco out to Ocotillo Wells last night. Jumped the crap out of it. Bottomed only a few times. The bolt that runs through the uniball on both sides punctured holes in my upper fender well. Never bottomed out hard. Hit the deep whoops on the way to shell reef. Front radflos need revalving. Not dropping out fast enough. Same in the rear.

Biggest issue? My front bumper. Not enough ground clearance. Almost made jumping no fun because you would see a wave of sand fly over my truck every time. =(

O'well. Had a good time and I can't wait to get it all dialed in!

Sorry no pics or vids. It was dark. :rolleyes:
Sounds like you need revalve for sure but since you got the Radflo's that's no biggie. You put the bolt through the inner fender wall? Damn you must have been hitting REALLY hard. Hey the wave of sand makes the pictures, looks SIIIIIIICK even though you can't see crap. This thread is lame since there's no pictures...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Haha, shutup Dave! I only put holes through them when I was jumping.
I've bottomed mine out hard as well and no holes. I have nice indents of where the holes would be though hahaha. For someone who takes cool pictures you need to get a camera man. Let me know next time you head out soon I should get my truck back the end of this month and I've been dying to take it out soon

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha... only got mine from hucking it a few feet in the air.

Hopefully I'll get the shocks revalved by the end of the month and we'll go out. Get some good pics/footage during the day.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I have holes from my old Camburg arms haha, but not the new ones. Might have something to do with the fact the rear of my truck had about 9" of hot travel so bigger whoops weren't an option :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts