·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Checking attachments:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
If you are referring to me, I still have the Toyo-Heep as my trail rig, and the Tundra as the tow rig.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MURDERMAN

Guess i should have quoted you or something. Next Time i will be more clear I saw the yota Avitar so that is why i was wondering. :explode:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
RedDog438 said:
MURDERMAN

Guess i should have quoted you or something. Next Time i will be more clear I saw the yota Avitar so that is why i was wondering. :explode:
Wayne, we are all learning the new format. The Avatar is an 18 year old pic, but since I was asked to focus on the "pre-taco" forum, I thought it might gain credibility for newbs, since I drove them when they were brand new.

Most of that rig became scrap metal a few years back after extensive high intensity use; parts of it are still in the current trail rig...hence the Toyo-Heep. Here is an intermediate pic from about 6 yaers ago; someone will teach me about sizing at some point, hopefully.

Wheel on, brother!

John

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murderman said:
Wayne, we are all learning the new format. The Avatar is an 18 year old pic, but since I was asked to focus on the "pre-taco" forum, I thought it might gain credibility for newbs, since I drove them when they were brand new.

Most of that rig became scrap metal a few years back after extensive high intensity use; parts of it are still in the current trail rig...hence the Toyo-Heep. Here is an intermediate pic from about 6 yaers ago; someone will teach me about sizing at some point, hopefully.

Wheel on, brother!

John
That is cool! I wish we could do the attachements where you could click on them to have them enlarge. The toyo heep looks pretty good. Did you go to takeover at Barnwell Mt?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
<Did you go to takeover at Barnwell Mt?>

Yep, I was the guy in the six-tone Heep that caused all the RTI controversy.

Attachments

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Murderman said:

hmmmm.. dont think i heard this story yet, what controversy? did you cheat mr mm? or did u just do better then all the yotas?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Well, I have a very nice sheet of paper in a $1.99 picture frame that says best unlimited [for that particular group, on that particular day].

My "cheating" consisted of 8 psi in all four tires [normal trail pressure] and rear Revolvers [everyday setup]. The ironic thing is that it was the first time the Heep was "officially" RTI'd.

The controversy primarily stemmed from the wheelbase correction factor coupled with the fact that it was a non-Taco at a TTORA event. There were like 500-600 posts in several threads on the Nat. the following week.

For anyone who thinks that 97" WB is an "unfair advantage", please just jump in my shotgun seat on an steep off-camber downhill.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Excellent, Mr. Super Mod, please don't ban us. :xbeer2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Murderman said:

Yeah that is cool. I was there as well. I was the guy that came and got you to winch Carlos's silly ass up that hill. LOL that was fun stuff. :xbeer2:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
RedDog438 said:
Yeah that is cool. I was there as well. I was the guy that came and got you to winch Carlos's silly ass up that hill. LOL that was fun stuff. :xbeer2:
That was a MF of a pull in scorching heat; it took 30-40 minutes for the Heep's temp to be happy again. I have a custom shroud now, and life is much, much better. :let's wheel smilie:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Murderman said:
That was a MF of a pull in scorching heat; it took 30-40 minutes for the Heep's temp to be happy again. I have a custom shroud now, and life is much, much better. :let's wheel smilie:
I have some video of that if you would like to see it. let me know and i can send it to you some how.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
[email protected]

I also have some vid of the "mud buggy" version of the '98 vintage Toyo-Heep just south of Lafayette, but it is only on VHS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts