TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some serious issues. ever since I bought my truck the locker hasn't worked, and really haven't needed it. but since I'm gonna turn my truck into an off-road rig, it would nice to have it work. I've done the gray wire mod, tested all connections at the brain unit under the kick panel and the brain unit seems to be working fine. but I don't know. here's what I got:

black/yellow - 12v constant
blue/yellow - about 5v constant
red/black - 12v switched (when the diff lock button is depressed)
green - 12v approx. 10 sec after button is pushed

I get nothing on the red/black under the seat, but still have the above listed and have nothing on the fram plug just inside the drivers side rear wheel well, and nothing at all at the locker.

what should I do? and should I just say to hell with it and all the electronic bullshit, and go with the downey cable locker?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Measure across lightGreen wire to lightGreen-Red wire. Both at the control box and at the locker. It should be 12V one way when it is trying to engage, 12V the other while it is trying to disengage, and nothing when it is not trying to do either. From your description that you get nothing at the locker, it sounds like you may have a connection gone bad in the harness.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Have you checked power at the locker?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Are you sure you did the grey wire correct? We had a guy on yotatech do the grey wire on the wrong side of the ECU?

I would be checking the power at the locker, it could be an accuator. If that is the case you could do the cable swap from downey.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the gray wire mod correct, checked it twice, and there is nothing in the back at the locker. I did check the power at the control module. I haven't checked the light green, to light green red yet. going to do that this afternoon.

it would be nice to have a schematic showing the whole system. is there one out there somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts