TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking on everyone in Texas. Is everyone okay from these fires or needing anything? We've been lucky where I'm at and the wind has carried everything away from the house. If anyone needs any help or knows someone that does, post up. I'm sure with the giving attitude of everyone with TTORA, we can get some assistance together. My thoughts are out to all those that have suffered from this.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
One of the guys at Gulf Coast Crawl Shop, James, had to evacuate his house in Waller on Monday. Still doesn't know if he has a house or not.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
My wife and dogs been evacuated from our home for about 4-5 days now too...
Have you checked when you can move in. I ask b/c I have some friends including my boss that live in Magnolia and were evacuated but they soon found out the authorities really don't have a rush to move people back in. They were informed it was OK only because they knew who to ask.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Man I feel for you guys around magnolia.

You can get a good map of the fires here:
http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=30.00252&lon=-96.29517&zoom=7&type=hyb&units=english&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=1&sat.num=8&sat.spd=25&sat.opa=85&sat.gtt1=109&sat.gtt2=0&sat.type=VIS&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0&fire=0&tor=0&ndfd=0&pix=0&dir=0&ads=0&dd=0&tfk=0&ski=0

Check the fire box on the right hand menu for the magnolia fire perimeter.

We had a fire in kingwood yesterday but they sent 4 or 5 trucks and nailed it hardcore and had it out in about 30 mins max. it was just a few blocks away from me.

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Thx everyone for the thoughts/prayers. My wife has checked everyday to see about getting back home. Yesterday they did let her return. Her and one of our dogs are back. A friend will return my truck and our BIG dog this weekend after everything is confirmed good.

Hope everyone else fared well too.

·
1,112 Posts
My wife and dogs been evacuated from our home for about 4-5 days now too...
Have you checked when you can move in. I ask b/c I have some friends including my boss that live in Magnolia and were evacuated but they soon found out the authorities really don't have a rush to move people back in. They were informed it was OK only because they knew who to ask.

Good Luck!
I was out by Kamokid's Subdivision durring the week and the fire didnt seem close but the smoke was really bad.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Things are fine so far here in The Woodlands.

The Magnolia fire is a few miles west of me, and the smoke was pretty impressive on the way home from work this afternoon.

Hope everybody else is O.K.

Good luck, guys! Getting burned out would bring the maximum suck.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
i just got back from the fire this morning. we put in a 29 hr shift (im dragging). we were on Sandra Dee Road pretty close to the highschool. almost lost 2 houses (fire was less than 10 ft from the house) but we managed to save both with no damage. i have some videos uploaded on youtube, trying to get a few more uploaded today. Things have settled down a lot over the past few days and things are looking MUCH better, however the way the wind changes direction it is a crap shoot every day on what the fire will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdWCFrJn04

my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHQeVCs2uM

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
i just got back from the fire this morning. we put in a 29 hr shift (im dragging). we were on Sandra Dee Road pretty close to the highschool. almost lost 2 houses (fire was less than 10 ft from the house) but we managed to save both with no damage. i have some videos uploaded on youtube, trying to get a few more uploaded today. Things have settled down a lot over the past few days and things are looking MUCH better, however the way the wind changes direction it is a crap shoot every day on what the fire will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdWCFrJn04

my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHQeVCs2uM

Props to you guys.... great job!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Props to you guys.... great job!
No Kidding! Those videos were crazy.... Did you get hit by any of the orange retardent out of the DC10? It looked like it!

Boz, glad to hear your house has been OK so far. I know Lindsay said the fire was about 3 miles from his house in Willis about 2 days ago. For sure let me/us know if there is anything we can do to help!!

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
The first one is in spicewood texas at the pedernales river. The second 2 where in my first in district in Steiner Ranch. Heres some pics of things that made me sad, besides the fact that so many people lost everything.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Damn! That's a nest of Guns... I would not want to be fighting fires while near all that ammo for sure!

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Damn! That's a nest of Guns... I would not want to be fighting fires while near all that ammo for sure!
loose ammo isnt bad, just makes a lot of noise. there is not a chamber or any way to channel that pressure to send the lead flying so usually it just pops and thats it. sometimes the brass will fly around (on smaller caliber rounds it is more common). most times it just pops and thats all. had a brick of .22 shells go off on me a few weeks ago at a housefire. scares the poo out of you, but thats about all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts