TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get a feel for the 2007 Texas Takeover and get some things out there to you guys on the planning. I NEED HELP! My wife and I are expecting our first in mid-late July so I will not be able to plan the whole thing by myself again this year. I need assistance. If anyone wants to step up and form a committee I think it would make it much easier on everyone involved and be a better time at the park. There isn't a WHOLE lot that has to be done, it typically doesnt cost you any money unless you secure raffle prizes that you pay for (?). I just know that realistically my wheeling this year will be very limited and that shouldn't be you guy's problem. I know Carlos is willing to help plan even if he cannot attend, would anyone else like to step up and help get this thing rolling before it is too late? I have all the info from last year and now know who to contact (so the problem from last year does not happen again). Anyone willing to help?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Thanks for posting this up Vince. With the new baby on the way Vince is entering the situation I have been in for the last two years, so I completely understand what he's about to go through. But we still want to have something this year for you guys. I know we haven't been very active with planning things and for that I apologize. As my little girl gets older I plan to be more involved the way I was before. ANYWAY, the more help we can get with this the better it will be. So first things first, how about we get a list of possible places for the event? If nothing else, we can always fall back on Gilmer. I could go there 1000 times and not get tired of it.

So please post up your suggestions and if you're willing to help out. Once we have a few locations we can post up a poll for voting.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Lets see...

We've got

Gilmer (Obviously)
Katemcy
Haven't been out yet but a few central guys have been toLongs Ranch Hopefully they can post up on if it would be a nice Takeover spot
Trees Ranch
Lindsay mentioned briefly Satans playground

(Found this from the TPWD website)
Lake Meredith National Recreation Area??????
Moore & Potter counties

1. Blue Creek OHV Area
(ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails)
2. Rosita OHV Area
(ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails)

Lake Meredith National Recreation Area
PO Box 1460
Fritch, TX 79036
806-857-3151

That's all I can come up w/ in my brief search. If ya'll need anything let me know and I'll see what I can do!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
I would like to see a new place, Gilmer s awesome like you said I could go there a lot and not get tired, but my wheeling has been limited to just a few places so far.
I can't be much help stuck out here offshore and probably wont make the run this year as I will be getting married just 2 weeks before ( time off work) and need to work extra to make up spent money.
but if I can help, I will.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I've never been to Katemcy either. I just hope that if we end up there again the weather cooperates this time!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
once we get a place set to do it (maybe start a poll tonight and end it in 2-3 weeks) I will get with everyone who has offered to help and just assign you 1-2 things to do. Someone will need to contact the park, find local camping/hotels/bed and breakfast's etc to stay at, start acquiring raffle prizes, set up a schedule of events, etc. With a little help I don't mind organizing it even if I cant go. Keep throwing out ideas as you come across them. We need event ideas to do as well.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
my vote is trees or katecmcy, but i want to make the june trip to katemcy, so my vote is trees. i could probably get a few donations from Bass pro shops, as i know the store manager, receiving manager, and the two guys underneath the store manager.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Katemcy would be a nice change, but sliders are pretty much required. Local accommodations for those not camping are rather limited.

Tree's was a bit rough the one time that I've been, but it was raining and our trail leader took the large and diverse group of rigs on a ride that many neither belonged, nor seemed to enjoy. I recall that the 8274 made over a dozen pulls that day. It is a bit farther for most than KR.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Katemcy will have more for the stockers as opposed to Trees Ranch. There is no option for hotels at Trees. You either camp or stay in the bunk houses if there is room (first come first sever basis usually).

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Murderman said:
Katemcy would be a nice change, but sliders are pretty much required. Local accommodations for those not camping are rather limited.
Not true sir- Shane and the Kruse's do a great job at mathcing drivers and vehicles to trails, and there is so much for stockers to see that I would hate for K-Rocks to get a bad rep like Clayton.

I vote for Katemcy as well. It'll be a great change, and we will all be able to meet up at BMRA on Halloween anyways.

Shannon/Carlos, if you would like I will talk to the Kruse's about it this weekend?

TTR is planning on going June 23rd-24th, perhaps we could simply plan around that date?

Since we (TTR) were going to be closing the park, I can just work out numbers on behalf to TTORA also?

BTW Vince/Carlos, you know I'll help as I can...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I vote for katemcy or trees. I would also like to help where ever possible.So please let me know what I can do.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Let me know what you need help with I can help put also.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey Chris K, find out what you can and send me any info you get. Im open to anything since I likely wont be able to go, but I want to make sure everything is squared away and completely handled. Katemcy is DEFINATELY different, a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. When you get a chance send me some contact info.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
hey Chris K, find out what you can and send me any info you get. Im open to anything since I likely wont be able to go, but I want to make sure everything is squared away and completely handled. Katemcy is DEFINATELY different, a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. When you get a chance send me some contact info.
Will do... already talk ed to Carlos about it earlier today.

Yeah, it's a bit of a drive, but it's pretty much equally inconvenient to everyone... and well worth it! :D

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Vince, I will help out with what I can, but I am in the same situation as you, but about a month eariler. I will see if I can even go this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts