TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy shit does Toyota think people are stupid. They bring back naugahyde and call it something else and charge more for it. Softex is a joke, but they have obviously trained the sales people that it is a superior product. Better than leather some of them tried to say. It won't stain and cleans up real easy. Well no shit because it is f'ing vinyl. They are not making this truck purchase easy.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Just so you know, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi went away from leather long ago as well as a base material. Some synthetics are proven to have better durability. If it looks as good, feels as good, and last longer...I fail to see the problem. .02

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Holy shit does Toyota think people are stupid. They bring back naugahyde and call it something else and charge more for it. Softex is a joke, but they have obviously trained the sales people that it is a superior product. Better than leather some of them tried to say. It won't stain and cleans up real easy. Well no shit because it is f'ing vinyl. They are not making this truck purchase easy.
Quit acting un-American. You are just supposed to spend your cash without thought (impulse purchase) and then get buyers remorse a couple months later.:)
Actually I hear you bro, every year there is more plastic and vinyl in new vehicles. It really sucks. I recently did brake work on an 07 f250 diesel, solid axle 4x4. The brake caliper pistons were all cracked (all 4 wheels). I was wondering WTF until I realized they are made of ceramic. Yes a 2007 3/4 ton crew cab, diesel, 4x4, solid axle p/u with 4 wheel disc brakes and all caliper pistons were made of ceramics. 120 000km/75 000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Quit acting un-American. You are just supposed to spend your cash without thought (impulse purchase) and then get buyers remorse a couple months later.:)
Actually I hear you bro, every year there is more plastic and vinyl in new vehicles. It really sucks. I recently did brake work on an 07 f250 diesel, solid axle 4x4. The brake caliper pistons were all cracked (all 4 wheels). I was wondering WTF until I realized they are made of ceramic. Yes a 2007 3/4 ton crew cab, diesel, 4x4, solid axle p/u with 4 wheel disc brakes and all caliper pistons were made of ceramics. 120 000km/75 000 miles on the odometer.
If he has a F250, there's a pretty good chance he's towing stuff with it.... and if he is, I doubt he's on the original brakes at 75K miles. Chances are someone working on the vehicle prior to you had replaced the OEM brakes with a ceramic "upgrade" that isn't really ideal for the purposes of that vehicle's stopping uses not realizing that there is some compromise in performance and heat dissipating capacities of brakes that create less dust than their metallic counterparts. Most anyone familiar with brakes knows this to be true, and Ford engineers definitely do too.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
If he has a F250, there's a pretty good chance he's towing stuff with it.... and if he is, I doubt he's on the original brakes at 75K miles. Chances are someone working on the vehicle prior to you had replaced the OEM brakes with a ceramic "upgrade" that isn't really ideal for the purposes of that vehicle's stopping uses not realizing that there is some compromise in performance and heat dissipating capacities of brakes that create less dust than their metallic counterparts. Most anyone familiar with brakes knows this to be true, and Ford engineers definitely do too.

The calipers were all oem. THE BRAKE CALIPER PISTONS WERE MADE OF CERAMIC. I was the first person to change them, the pads had been done prior and so had the rotors.
BTW I have been wrenching for 30 years and FORD dropped the ball on this one. There is no way you can explain to me , after wrenching 30 years, that CERAMIC BRAKE CALIPER PISTONS ARE OKAY IN A 3/4 TON SOLID AXLE 4X4 DIESEL CREW CAB.:xcrazy:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could see a flag pole type incident happening in Canadia if you were to hop on your plastic seat with your short skirt and your sack hits the seat. I wonder how long you would be stuck there?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just so you know, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi went away from leather long ago as well as a base material. Some synthetics are proven to have better durability. If it looks as good, feels as good, and last longer...I fail to see the problem. .02
Plastics have always had longer durability. Look at any beach littered with bottles. That doesn't mean I want to sit on them. I would rather not slide around on sweaty plastic and pay extra to do so. Calling them environmentally friendly or synthetic is purely marketing. Plastic is plastic.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
I could see a flag pole type incident happening in Canadia if you were to hop on your plastic seat with your short skirt and your sack hits the seat. I wonder how long you would be stuck there?
After deep thought about your aforementioned scenario I have come to the conclusion that lips are lips and frost is frost.:cool: Therefore the seat should be lubed with ky jelly as a buffer to prevent pussy lip frost adhesion.
Or maybe instead of going commando:mad: she should put on some insulated panties. Either way Toyota is starting to piss me off cause they are clearly irritating c*nts.:confused::D:)

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Plastics have always had longer durability. Look at any beach littered with bottles. That doesn't mean I want to sit on them. I would rather not slide around on sweaty plastic and pay extra to do so. Calling them environmentally friendly or synthetic is purely marketing. Plastic is plastic.
Plastic by any other name still adheres to lips. Who the fck wants to sniff a plastic seat anyways? :lmao:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Naugahyde is a renewable resource for Pleather!

Toyota feeds them a vegetarian diet with organic feed from their mill. Toyota's Naugahydes are antibiotic free. They use no preservatives. They raise either Free Range or Pasture Raised Naugahydes, without added hormones. And, they give them space.”

Naugahyde_Advertisement.jpg

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
The Naugahyde is a renewable resource for Pleather!

Toyota feeds them a vegetarian diet with organic feed from their mill. Toyota's Naugahydes are antibiotic free. They use no preservatives. They raise either Free Range or Pasture Raised Naugahydes, without added hormones. And, they give them space.”

View attachment 30043
I'll be happy when they make seats that don't get burn holes in them.:doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts