TTORA Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well another day working on the runner. I finished welding, painted it and mounted the new leafs. I would of like to get more done but there's always tomorrow.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update. I got the axle bolted up and come to find out the hy steer arms aren't high enough to clear the leafs. So I need to figure out what I want to do. I don't want to use misalignments because of the leverage it will put on the arms. So I'm goin to look into taller hysteer arms to day

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Your at full droop. what if you are have all the weight on the springs? My springs also touch the bar.
You'll never have both wheels like that on the trail... (or atleast you shouldn't).. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Your at full droop. what if you are have all the weight on the springs? My springs also touch the bar.
You'll never have both wheels like that on the trail... (or atleast you shouldn't).. :)
That's a good point. Maybe I'll stop by and check out yours and see if it's the same.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jeff is right. I remember when I did mine, I had the same issue. Another problem I had was firewall clearence. I must have moved my springs forward three times besides cutting my floor board. All to fit 35" tires.:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Good to know. Im goin to do some work to make it clear. I put 4" leafs on it and I'm goin to run 37's. I want to keep it low. I was figure I will have to do a lot of trimming

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well it's been awhile sense I've been on here. Hope everyone is doing well. I sold the standard cab taco to try and make myself motivated to get the runner done. I haven't really done much with the runner except got it moveable so I could get it out of the garage.

Now it is sitting in my RV parking. Ive been itching to get back out and wheel so now I'm trying to stay motivated on getting this thing back on the trail. I got a bunch of parts in for it so now I just need to get it under the truck.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
8 Participants
ExOtoy535
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing