TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a performance accessories 3" bl. I plan to purchase a 3" suspension lift in a couple of weeks, does anyone know which one is the best for the money? Please help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the cheapest would be a spacer lift...some good brands around here are cornfed and toytec but the best would be a coilover lift such as donahoe, camburg, king, saws...as for the "best for the money" part, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got my 3" Revtek lift w/ rear add-a-leaf and rear Bilstein 5100 shocks for $400 TOTAL from www.rockymountainsusp.com . They are here in NC so I just drove down and picked it up from them. Shallote, NC to be exact. I thought that was a helluva deal so I went with it. Pretty happy so far, but the rear rides like s***. I want to replace the add-a-leaf with a full leaf pack.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
How much are you willing to spend? That will give people a better idea of what to suggest. Also, will this be for looks? Will you be wheling your truck? If so, what kind of wheeling?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
400? that's not bad...i got toytec 3" coilspacers 2" cornfed shackles and 5150's bilsteins for 350 total..well about that much..bought them indivisually...have to finnish installing the rear this monday...we broke the coilspacers at tire kindom when we got it compressed..hehe..TRD coils are stiff... :lmao:

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Weeman said:
the cheapest would be a spacer lift...some good brands around here are cornfed and toytec but the best would be a coilover lift such as donahoe, camburg, king, saws...as for the "best for the money" part, you get what you pay for.

Very well said!

I would say go with a set of SAW Racerunner 2.0's. We have them on a special at $600 for the pair!
http://www.camburg.com

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
NC's BeefTaco said:
I just bought a performance accessories 3" bl. I plan to purchase a 3" suspension lift in a couple of weeks, does anyone know which one is the best for the money? Please help.
Here's a tip. Save up the money, and go with a great setup to begin with. Don't go the cheap route, because it ends up being the more expensive route in the future. I went the cheap route a couple years ago, and now I'm regretting it. I got a set of spacers, an AAL, and shocks, and at first, I was stoked with the new setup. Now, I would really like to get a coilover lift and a full leaf pack. The ride is so much stiffer than stock, and with it being a daily driver too, I'd much rather have the more comfortable ride given by the "superior" lift options out there. If I had gone that route to begin with, I wouldn't be worrying about changing my suspension setup now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What area of NC do you live? I am in Charlotte and was curious about the body lift. I put in the cornfed 3" spacers and shackles and love em!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in goldsboro, NC. It's small, not far from wilson or greenville.What did you want to know about the body lift?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for responding. I decided to go with the toytec suspension lift. I appreciate everyone's help. If anybody knows anything about how hard or easy the install is for the bl or the suspension lift let me know. ALso, if anybody knows a place to get it installed in NC if it's too hard please let me know.THanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
NC's BeefTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing