TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it started life as a pile of parts delivered to my place by Vman, almost 2 years later it has become the "Brookmobile"

·
Registered
37 Posts
its a 88 runner, extremely clean aka no rust anywhere, I hope to later on get it on some 35's but its got to have some work done.
Glen says he thinks the driveshaft is hitting the tcase linkage because when in 4 lo it jerks and pops ??

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we had to replace the front main seal tonight,had oil all over the bottom and front of the engine, I adjusted the afm but the TPS is either bad or way out of adjustment it does about the same with it plugged in or not

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its CLEAN

flexin on a stump

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well as you know the brookmobile had troubles this past weekend, not while on the trail but on the way home it progressively got worse :(

ive chased every freekin thing that I can think of and i'm about ready to pull the efi off and install a carb

who knows how to chase gremlins out of a wiring harness??

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i fixed it by removing all the efi stuff and installing a carb, running fine now besides running a touch HOT

and without the efi apparently the computer for the transmission doesnt work :(

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotta think outside the box :kewl:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
A carb will be just fine for what he plans to do. The efi system on these old trucks need quite a bit of tlc to be up to good operating standards. There are just to many possible problems for my liking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea im lovin the carb mod at least i know how to work on it. Now if i can just find me a 5 speed to put in the place of that auto ill be in good shape since im havin to shift it like a standard anyway. Dont really like automatics anyway. Wanna put a 5.0 HO in it but Glen wont let me. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts