Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
it runs, it drives, it needs a heater core :p

we figured out finally (ok Oddmar figured it out) it was rust in the fuel tank.

it was fine enough to get through the fuel filter and clog the injectors. we pulled the entire fuel system out and cleaned it all and the fuel rail had probably a tablespoon full of rust in it alone.

next project will be putting some rings in it. its going through a quart of oil in 20 miles

OH, we had to replace the auto trans. when running the carb on it the electronics in the trans werent working and the hyd pressure being down burned up the clutches in it. the one from the white 86 runner bolted up after swapping the harness to the 88 harness and shifts perfectly.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
So what part of this was worth your asking price of 1500. I think you werent really serious about selling. :p

it runs, it drives, it needs a heater core :p

we figured out finally (ok Oddmar figured it out) it was rust in the fuel tank.

it was fine enough to get through the fuel filter and clog the injectors. we pulled the entire fuel system out and cleaned it all and the fuel rail had probably a tablespoon full of rust in it alone.

next project will be putting some rings in it. its going through a quart of oil in 20 miles

OH, we had to replace the auto trans. when running the carb on it the electronics in the trans werent working and the hyd pressure being down burned up the clutches in it. the one from the white 86 runner bolted up after swapping the harness to the 88 harness and shifts perfectly.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So what part of this was worth your asking price of 1500. I think you werent really serious about selling. :p

I didnt want to see it go but I got to a point and just didnt care if it had a gas tank stuffed full of C4 :banghead:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
well, time for a new bottom end. the rebuild will commence

·
Registered
37 Posts
well the runner is down again has been for about a month got the bottom end rebuilt and come to find out we needed a new head. and glen found me another head so now hopefully this weekend itll be fixed so i can have my truck back

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
or not.
a piece of metal got under the center cam journal :(
I'm hoping Bunn's can save the cam.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
wow this hasnt been updated at ALL :(

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
for sale, needs brakes and left control arm bushings and the rear glass won't roll down. not sure why yet but I'd guess bad connections.

$3000

21 - 33 of 33 Posts