TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have heard of the Chile Challenge then you know about the great trails that southern New Mexico brings to the offroad community. I know its not in Arizona but going to this event personally I have met people from around the country that visit every year to wheel trails like Patzuaro's Revenge, Tabasco Twister and Rocotillo Rapids to name a few.

Well the National Trackways Monument is at it again to shut down the whole Robledo Mountain range which would include the small area that most trails are located in. This process has been going on for at least the past 5 years that I have known about it but there is a petition to help stop it before its too late or at least slow it down so a reasonable conclusion can be made.

Here is the link to the petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/opposition-of-national-monument-in-dona-ana-county

I have followed this fight off and on for quite a while, talked to the local offroad associations that are on the front lines and even the BLM in the area. I know some of the story but don't know what is the latest story.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
442 Posts
signed, worked on spaceport over there

·
Registered
442 Posts
i wish at 200,000 for 8 hrs its out of my reach

·
Registered
96 Posts
Done #1348
I was just telling the wife last night that we need to make it out there for the Chile Challenge one year, guess I better get on it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's good to know we could be saving the last remaining pterodactyls that roam these canyons and feed on the fragile stegosauruses that are indigenous to this region.:D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's good to know we could be saving the last remaining pterodactyls that roam these canyons and feed on the fragile stegosauruses that are indigenous to this region.:D
Yes and your truck is scarying little foot the leaf eaters. The movie Land Before Time was filmed in that canyon. Poor three horn :(
Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts