TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to look at it today (the new 2.7 L 4CYL) and i hate it . Ipresently have a 2003 2.7L and love it even though it is a few HP less than the new one. I first noticed the serpentine belt. That made me mad! If that one belt breaks , then you are screwed. The way my Taco is , if i break a belt, it is for only one item , and not all the accesories and vital "organs" . The other thing is that it looked as if it had a "drive-by-wire" throttle linkage . I am not sure but it sure looked like it had it . I dont like relieying on a servo to give my engine a throttle response, i have to deal with that enough with my Traxxas T-Max. And the other 2 things were the Thermo-plastic intake-manifold and valve cover .I have a plastic manifold on my work vehicle (Ford Crown Vic Policew Interceptor) and it has had a recall already because of craking due to heat deformations. Now i had a 1996 Chevy Z-24 with a plastic intake and it was fine. But i think i will stick to my 2003 . I dont to piss anybody off , i am just telling you of what i found while looking at the new 2.7L . And one other thing , what is up with the new auto-tranny in the V-6 not having a dip-stick? I saw a " check" thing in the bottom of the pan but whats that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
>>"And the other 2 things were the Thermo-plastic intake-manifold and valve cover."<<

I think that plastic thingie is just there to fancy things up and cover up the bare valve cover.. Gawd forbid that some soccer mommie see spark plug wires and the like!!

LOL! :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am all about keeping it simple.Fu*k the soccer mom and her wires! i am so sick of these people and their wanting their cars to look "good" . Well , "GOOD LOOKS " aint going to get you down the road! No offense to you Shuey2002, i agree with you !

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you take a look at the entire Toyota/Lexus vehicle range, you are going to find black plastic valve covers on pretty much everything..

Toyota has gone pol-eeee-mire crazy!

Tercel, no offense taken. ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool dude . At least you agree with me . I thought i'd get blasted for "bashing" the new Taco.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dude, I bash the new Taco all the time, and I want one.. I think!

Speaking of bashing, have you seen that post over on TundraSolutions.com about someone's composite bed has already cracked?? If you haven't, you need to go check it out..

Talk about Toyota dropping the ball! Plastic beds.. whatever! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
650 Posts
The Tacoma bed cracking issue is turning out to be a HUGE deal. A guy at work has one and yep, after 3 weeks of ownership, his bed has cracked. Can you imagine how that would "hold-up" to off-road use? Yikes!

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone want to place any bets on how bid of a fiasco this whole composite bed thing is going to turn out to be???

*ding ding ding*

It's Recall Time!!

Bend over, Toyota, 'cause here it comes! >> :doggystyl

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
soccer mom!

Schuey2002 said:
think that plastic thingie is just there to fancy things up and cover up the bare valve cover.. Gawd forbid that some soccer mommie see spark plug wires and the like!!

LOL! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I wondered how that bed was gonna hold up? I just thought that Toyota knew what they were doing....guess not! Hey ....do soccer moms know how to raise the hood anyway? :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
I wondered how that bed was gonna hold up? I just thought that Toyota knew what they were doing....guess not! Hey ....do soccer moms know how to raise the hood anyway? :)
I don`t think it`s a question of "if" they know how. Most soccer moms won`t ever ATTEMPT to raise the hood. : P

·
Registered
64 Posts
"And one other thing , what is up with the new auto-tranny in the V-6 not having a dip-stick? I saw a " check" thing in the bottom of the pan but whats that?"

You now check the tranny with that instead of the dipstick
:(

They also take a different type of fluid called World Standard or WS.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
mrbigbri said:
The Tacoma bed cracking issue is turning out to be a HUGE deal. A guy at work has one and yep, after 3 weeks of ownership, his bed has cracked. Can you imagine how that would "hold-up" to off-road use? Yikes!

Brian
that sucks! i was hoping it wouldn't be just hype... oh-well, back to the drawing board!

will there ever be a way to protect the bed w/o paying $400 to a spray-on company or be forced to use a plastic insert!
*sigh*

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I want a new truck, Tacoma, whatever so bad, but why would you want another 2.7?
I want bigger and more HP, torque, not another small engine
I am hoping to get a newer 4-runner!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you're worried about the "World Standard" fluid in the auto tranny being expensive to replace, just buy a Toyota with either the manual 5 or 6-speed instead..

:D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts