TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

just thought I'd show what I've done to my tacoma so far.

Extra battery under the bed, between the spare tire and hitch
Battery isolater on drivers side fender
extra lights for working behind the truck
hitch mount winch for light duty (eventually i'll upgrade)
grill insert

Im still working on a light in the bed and a custom back rack.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if its possible, I wouldn't mind seeing how you did the battery under the bed of the truck. No offense though, it kinda sounds like a hazard. Is it protected somehow, or is there a chance of it grounding out on something?

thanks,
~Jay

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the greatest spot, but it works for now. It needs more prtection though. It is an optima battery mounted sideways. The battery slides up into a frame that is attached to the hitch. I'm trying to relocate some things under the hood to put it there, but it's pretty tight. Here is the only pic I have of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently it is possible to put two optima batteries in the stock location under the hood in the '05 and up tacoma. I found pictures of it at tundra solutions .com forum. they were posted by "TacomaOffRoadGrl". If I get it to work I'll post it. If anyone else does it please post it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
atxtaco said:
What is the advantage of putting your battery under the bed?
since this is in newbie tech, we'll let that question slide!!!
don't mind me, I am just being a smartass!!! had to take some muscle relaxants.. little sore from wheelin and spoolin cable in the snow for the past 5 days!!! went on a little marathon!!

advantages:
1: no battery in bed!
2: shorter wire run to auxaullery lighting for backup, rock lights, roof rack lights etc... or rear winch etc.... :saw:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally under the bed was the only place I could find that would fit a battery. It's also close to the hitch to mount the winch. I looked all over the internet for pics of how to put it under the hood, but had no luck untill recently. Its not my favorite spot and with winter coming I'm gonna move it. If all goes well I'll have it done in a few weeks and I'll post it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts