TTORA Forum banner

12481 - 12500 of 12508 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Nice.

I picked this up for my tow rig yesterday.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If anybody knows of anyone looking for a set of built toy axles....derect them my way. After spring fling i think i am putting my truck on jackstands and selling my axles to fund my 1 tons

I added up the cost of parts alone and it was north of 2500$....i will be trying to sell my fully built front, geared and locked ifs rear, and spare parts front for substantially less than that...front is even gonna include the assist.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am so bored at work today that i down loaded a photo editing app, figured out how to use it then changed my avitar for the first time in like 5 years lol

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Look what I found at the pullapart today. I tried to buy the whole thing but they wouldn't sell it. Only thing wrong with it was the engine and the interior was a little rough. Frame was spotless.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Trying to think if there is anything I could use off that taco. Currently nothing important but if you head out that way again let me know might think up something.

Well getting a little nervous. I am going in for surgery on my knee at 10:30 tomorrow. I do not like being put out at all.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Had surgery at 1:30 pm Monday. Used crutches yesterday and did a little walking with out them. So far today I haven't used them. Pain is pretty much below what it was before being cut open. So far haven't taken a pain pill going to try and avoid those, been taking them longer than I would like.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Sounds like you are right on track for a speedy recovery. Make sure to do what the dr tells you so you don't do any unecessary damage.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Off to a awesome start today

my phone decided it's not going to even attempt to charge last night so I went to Verizon and they were going to send a replacement phone Fed Ex overnight to my work address (since Fed Ex requires signature) However when I arrived at work this morning there was about 3 ft deep of water in parking lot that you would have to cross to enter building

And of course while we are standing there in the shallow end of the parking lot guess what drives by slowly looks over then drives away:mad:

Hopefully the water recedes some before tomorrow. Once my new phone is able to be delivered I should be able to post a pic

In the meantime there's a good chance you may see some of the flooding on the news as there was a chopper hovering over us for about an hour. For those of you not familiar my work is on Wadsworth Rd in Norton

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yesterday evening we had a storm roll through that had winds over 70 mph and pounding rain. During the storm my trash cans fell over into the street twice because the trash men were taking their time and hadn't taken the trash yet even though they drove past my house 3 times. So, I had to go out in the downpour to pick up the trash in the street. After the storm is over I head to the store only to encounter several downed trees blocking the road. So, I took the mustang home and got the 4 Runner, some chains, and my chain saw. Went back and cut up the trees and cleared the road. I did 2 trees on my street, and 2 other ones that I came across later. Now my chain is toast on one of my saws, and the other saw needs to be repaired. I really need to get a big chain saw. I have a 14" 33cc and a 16" 36cc, but the blades will not interchange between the two. Now I'm sore and tired from cutting trees half the night. Growing up we heated with wood, so I spent all summer cutting, chopping, and stacking wood. Not so easy anymore...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Left work in Aurora at 3:45 yesterday to try to beat the storms. Typically takes about 15 minutes to get home. It took me 2 hours. Every street I turned down was flooded. After countless attempts to find non-flooded roads or even shallow ones I was finally able to find a route.

Interesting note..... a 2013 Fusion will ford 1.5 feet of water.

Wish I would have drove the truck...

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Well after 3 years in the making we finally got a lift on my brother's '03 Tacoma. We did basic Fabtech coilovers up front and Superlift 2.5" lift springs in the rear with Fabtech shocks. Ended up having to cut off the lower strut mount bolts and the front spring hanger bolts out back. Also got an e-locker skid installed.

So he's well on his way to wheeling the Tacoma. He already has a set of CBI sliders and a BudBuilt skid installed. We still need to install his Trail-Gear rear bumper he won at spring fling 3 years ago. He is also planning on picking up a Trail-Gear front bumper soon.

12481 - 12500 of 12508 Posts
About this Discussion
12.5K Replies
76 Participants
SuperPoser
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing