TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw up a few pics of what I've done to the truck. I don't really have a specific plan for it, just trying to find the right mix of different things i've seen. Being 2hrs away from the nearest offroad park definitely makes me lean towards something more street friendly and around town useful. I have to give credit to BoxRocket, TacoDell and Tacomarotto for a lot of ideas and inspiration and probably others that i've seen along way.

took a few months of looking around, but i finally found a local double cab 4x4. bone stock, 100% rust free one owner right here in tx, 149k miles. pretty sure it was just a ranch truck out in the country just by the looks of things.

took it out the 1st weekend and tried out my new gopro on the front bumper. nothing crazy, but had a ton of fun (my 2nd time offroading).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDSTmYVYnE

first order of business was to get the windows tinted. 35% on the fronts, and 35% over the privacy glass on the rears. then a spray in bedliner (armorthane), clarion stereo and pioneer door speakers.

went to 4wheelparts and got some trail gear sliders. i really wanted the bolt on ones from demello, but just couldn't fork over $700 shipped for them. not a fan of welding on the frame so i opted to drill a few holes and bolt them on in case i ever need to remove them. right now they're just using through bolts and big backing plates, but i have some 1/4" 3x5" angle ready to weld onto them into full "U" brackets when i get some free time.

next up was a bed bar. i think tube looks better, but seemed like flat surfaces would be easier to mount stuff. so i ordered some 1 1/2" square tube from Mcmastercarr.com and went to town. found some wood at work that happened to be the exact same size and experimented with different angles until i got something i liked, then copied it with steel. 2" angle for the bottom with one vertical bolt and one sideways on each side.

found this at harbor freight for $3 and came in handy.

my little buddy oreo double checking my work.

picked up some of these lockable bike fork mounts on amazon. not gonna keep a serious thief away, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
next up was rock lights and bed lights. like others have done, i ordered a string of led lights on ebay and wired up 5 on each side, plus 6 under the bedrails.

added a blue sea fuse block by the battery and hella relay on the firewall for future accessories.

bought a 6 switch panel and rocker switches from otrattw.com i ended up butchering the little storage filler panel that goes under the single din radio. it seems rigged up, but the dash bezel is the only thing really holding switch panel in place and it's pretty snug.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now to the fun stuff. bought one 33x10.5x15 km2 and one 15x7 3.75 bs pro comp wheel to test fit.

rear looked good, but of course it hit the calipers up front. wasn't comfortable grinding them so i got some 1/4" spacers and replaced the studs with ones for the rear which are a little longer. here it is with all stock suspension. rubbed quite a bit even after beating on the pinchweld, but for a few weeks around town wasn't too bad.

after a ton of research i decided to go with the full ome setup-882 springs, nitrocharger shocks, and dakar leafs with stock shackles, extended brake line. went together easy and rides better than stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts