TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up going to dinner at The Sunbird in Colorado Springs on Saturday night, and I was quite impressed. Their service was very good, and the food was exceptional. Just wanted to share, in the event that (somehow) you guys didn't already know about the place. :)

www.thesunbird.com

-Mike

·
Registered
746 Posts
The Sunbird has alright food, and if you had good service, maybe they are improving/improved. They have had 'issues' over the years. For the about the same money you can eat at Charles Court at the Broadmoor which is a 4-Diamond (among other awards) restaurant.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ended up going to dinner at The Sunbird in Colorado Springs on Saturday night, and I was quite impressed. Their service was very good, and the food was exceptional. Just wanted to share, in the event that (somehow) you guys didn't already know about the place. :)

www.thesunbird.com

-Mike
I'd rather eat at Piccolo Pete's or the Poodle out in your neck of the woods...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Sunbird has alright food, and if you had good service, maybe they are improving/improved. They have had 'issues' over the years. For the about the same money you can eat at Charles Court at the Broadmoor which is a 4-Diamond (among other awards) restaurant.
mind if i ask the last time you were there? we were seated immediately with no reservation, and our waiter was attentive without getting annoying.

Fuck that! I'll Hit up Ted's Montana grill at the Promenade
it was $80 including soup for me, salad for her, beer, dessert, and we got two of the most expensive items on the menu. i can't stress enough that every piece of food we had was outstanding. i have had better food, but none better in this price range.

-Mike

·
Registered
746 Posts
mind if i ask the last time you were there? we were seated immediately with no reservation, and our waiter was attentive without getting annoying.
-Mike
I think the last time I was there was about 4 years ago now, which is why I said they might be getting better. At that time, it was for a wedding rehearsal dinner for a friends daughter. The service sucked, they were not ready on time, and while the food was OK, it was nothing special.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. With so many really good places to dine in Colorado Springs, I doubt I will ever go back there.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
it was $80 including soup for me, salad for her, beer, dessert, and we got two of the most expensive items on the menu. i can't stress enough that every piece of food we had was outstanding. i have had better food, but none better in this price range.

-Mike
Ahh. Well it was like $35 With tip for me. I went with some buddies. Truth, the food is amazing there. Servers were a little 'weathered' :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts