TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this mod where you are able to run your elocker in 4-hi and 4-low on a 05 and newer taco? is it bad for the locker cause the manual says not to exceed 5 mph with it locked?:saw: :confused:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Has anyone done this mod where you are able to run your elocker in 4-hi and 4-low on a 05 and newer taco? is it bad for the locker cause the manual says not to exceed 5 mph with it locked?:saw: :confused:
Go back to the Late Tacoma 4x4 Tech page, and search...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'll help you out a little- The numbers/pins for RadioShack Relay# 275-218.
Remember the wires on the ECU side of the cut should be dangling, except for the violet wire that just gets tapped. The violet wire is the power wire for the 4WD ECU, so juice still needs to flow through it.

‘Lt Blue’ = 6
‘Lt Green’ = 5
‘Pink’ = 4
‘Lt GN/Black’ = 1
‘Violet’ (a.k.a purple) = 2 & 3
‘Red/Black’ = 7
‘Wht/Blk’ = 8 (ground wire)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did this mod today and it works great. Quick and easy to setup, I just have to go back and clean it all up and make it look pretty now that I know it works. Thanks so much tacosupreme and all ya'll that took the time to figure this out and post it. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is the grey wire mod the same on a 99 tacoma with elocker?
You'll probably want to search for that......
and put your flame suit on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did the gray wire mod on my 06 taco today. Everything went together easily. I tested the locker and it engaged great. I went to disengage it and the light wouldn't shut off. Then I realized it wasn't disengaging. Would this have to do with having a latching relay instead of the non-latching relay it asks for? The people at RadioShack new nothing! Please help!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thought this was going to be an easy trick but alas no. I guess someone at Toyota had the grand idea to change things around behind the glove box. The 4x4 CPU on my 2013 is tucked up tight against the airbag and mounted to a bracket with a very hard to reach bolt. And the wiring seems different. (yes, I am sure I am looking at the 4x4 CPU!)
If there has been an success with this mod on a 2012+ truck please let me know!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Figured out where the computer was and had the mod completed in about 20min. Works like a champ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts