TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On December 24th, my husband and I drove the Tacoma to AAA to transfer title and such and say our farewells.

I've owned that 96 Tacoma since 1999 and been a TTORA member ever since. It's been my daily driver and we wheeled it for 3 years, spend way too much money on it in lifts/tires/modifications and it's been old faithful for us for all those years.
http://www.lieblweb.com/OurTaco/110.JPG
http://www.lieblweb.com/OurTaco/134.jpg

But as life changes.....we needed another vehicle that could tow our trail rig because our Grand Cherokee is getting *tired*. So there's a bright and shiney new Dodge Ram 1500 in the driveway now. The sole reason why we sold the Tacoma. The Dodge has some BIG SHOES to fill.

Although I haven't been active on here since we bought and built our trail rig (Jeep Wrangler), I love to pop in from time to time and share wheeling stories. I offroad A LOT at Paragon and Rausch Creek.

So if you're ever in the area and wanna go wheelin - give me a hollar. [email protected]

...and maybe someday, I can convince my husband that he wants a 4Runner as his daily driver. Love Toyota Reliability.

Do ya'll think I'm crazy?? I don't have any kids so I feel like getting one of those picture frame things (with multiple pict slots) and printing out some *memories* of the truck in it. Yeah, I'm crazy. But who cares?? That's the first vehicle that's given me that much fun!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Janster, I remember you from wayback when I still had our 96 also. I joined TTORA back in the beginning. I guess things change. I still pop back in every now and then too. I remember a long time ago your post about "GEOCACHING", my wife and I have been hooked ever since!! Take care, see you around! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
What are you doing up posting @ 3:40AM, girlfriend????

Sounds like a death in the family. :( Go ahead & do a Taco shrine - I would.

I cried when my bro drove away my old '84 to his house & just recently found out he had it hauled away. I guess that's the hard part about 'Yotas: they last forever & you have lots of time to make memories.

Go for the 4Runner!!!!!! Hehehe. :D

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
Janster said:
On December 24th, my husband and I drove the Tacoma to AAA to transfer title and such and say our farewells.

I've owned that 96 Tacoma since 1999 and been a TTORA member ever since. It's been my daily driver and we wheeled it for 3 years, spend way too much money on it in lifts/tires/modifications and it's been old faithful for us for all those years.
http://www.lieblweb.com/OurTaco/110.JPG
http://www.lieblweb.com/OurTaco/134.jpg

But as life changes.....we needed another vehicle that could tow our trail rig because our Grand Cherokee is getting *tired*. So there's a bright and shiney new Dodge Ram 1500 in the driveway now. The sole reason why we sold the Tacoma. The Dodge has some BIG SHOES to fill.

Although I haven't been active on here since we bought and built our trail rig (Jeep Wrangler), I love to pop in from time to time and share wheeling stories. I offroad A LOT at Paragon and Rausch Creek.

So if you're ever in the area and wanna go wheelin - give me a hollar. [email protected]

...and maybe someday, I can convince my husband that he wants a 4Runner as his daily driver. Love Toyota Reliability.

Do ya'll think I'm crazy?? I don't have any kids so I feel like getting one of those picture frame things (with multiple pict slots) and printing out some *memories* of the truck in it. Yeah, I'm crazy. But who cares?? That's the first vehicle that's given me that much fun!!
Sorry to see you get rid of your Tacoma. I hope the Dodge treats you well. I remember you from way back!

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
MuddinMama said:

I cried when my bro drove away my old '84 to his house & just recently found out he had it hauled away. I guess that's the hard part about 'Yotas: they last forever & you have lots of time to make memories.

Hey Girl, how have you been? Have not seen you here in a long time! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
Hey Girl, how have you been? Have not seen you here in a long time! :D
I been doin' OK - how 'bout you, Old Timer? ;)

A very strange & busy year for me: spinal fusion surgery early this summer (no wheeling for me lately, but my Taco sweetie made sure I got in a quick weekend trip before the surgery - hahaha) & then used my "downtime" to pursue my MN real estate license. I guess my body got all the mods this year, huh? LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MuddinMama said:

I think the hubby would think I'm crazy building a shrine :rolleyes: Too bad, cuz I think I'm gonna whenever I get time (YEAH RIGHT???). You know I've got gazillions of picts to look through.

I'll still be wheeling crazied getting out a couple times a month or more (I hope). We're currently repairing some body work on the Jeep - I rolled it in the beginning of November. Not just a plop either...a complete end-o. :eek:

I'll have a few Taco things to sell here soon- again, as soon as I get time???

Hope your health is doing well - you've had one hell of a summer after surgery.
Ya think you'll make it down here for the TakeOver if its in PA??? Love to see ya!

How far are you from the Badlands? I've probably asked you that before already.....

Take care of you and your Taco sweetie!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yikes! An End-o?

Well, at least you've been out & about on the trails. I'm envious...well, except for the rollover. Hahaha. :p How'd you do that??!?!??

Build your shrine. It's yours & it's for you & you got a chance to meet all kinds of cool peeps because of your Tacoma, so cherish that. :)

I guess I'm ready for some wheeling come spring. The surgery knocked me on my ass for months & I still have back pain, but it's nothing like before, & the fusion is solid & all the hardware is intact. I'm afraid of simple things, like falling down, that could totally screw me up - we had freezing rain here a week ago & you've never seen someone move like an old lady more than I did for a couple of days. LOL!!!! I'm still not "allowed" to twist or bend, if I can help it.

The Badlands in Attica is about 700 miles OW for us here in Minnie. I would like to get out to Paragon in PA sometime before I croak. Steve-O & I are seriously talking about a trip to Moab via Colorado next fall, trailering the Super Zuki. Four Wheeler liked MN's Gilbert OHV park, when they did a leg of their extreme adventure last summer, so we'd like to go back & re-evaluate it (weren't impressed the first time, but they didn't look done with it, either, & it was -12 degrees when we were out wheeling it - hard to appreciate anything when it's chilly).

& I'm probably the last person on the planet still running an open diff, too. *sigh* :xcrybaby:

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
the last of the Great women toy truck owners is leaving us:(

Happy wheeling Jan

BTW, is a 1500 enough to tow your Jeep, why not a 2500?

Good luck in your 4x4 adventures

someday i will make it out to the east coast and wheel at Paragon !!!:D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98 Taco said:

Happy wheeling Jan

BTW, is a 1500 enough to tow your Jeep, why not a 2500?

Good luck in your 4x4 adventures

someday i will make it out to the east coast and wheel at Paragon !!!:D
I'll still be around....probably just as much as I have been the last couple years.

The 1500 is plenty - with the 5.7L V8, it has atleast 8,000lbs+ towing.
The only difference between the 2500 and the 1500 with the same engine, is heavy duty leaf springs and solid front axle. If the 2500 had a better transmission - we might have considered it. The engine/tranny are the same in 2500/1500. For the last 3 years we've been towing with a Grand Cherokee with 6500lb towing capacity. Our rig is 4500lbs and the trailer is 1,200lbs.

Good Luck with your 4x4 Adventures too! Hope to see ya'll at Paragon or Rausch Creek someday.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MuddinMama said:
Well, at least you've been out & about on the trails. I'm envious...well, except for the rollover. Hahaha. :p How'd you do that??!?!??

Build your shrine. It's yours & it's for you & you got a chance to meet all kinds of cool peeps because of your Tacoma, so cherish that. :)

I guess I'm ready for some wheeling come spring. The surgery knocked me on my ass for months & I still have back pain, but it's nothing like before, & the fusion is solid & all the hardware is intact. I'm afraid of simple things, like falling down, that could totally screw me up - we had freezing rain here a week ago & you've never seen someone move like an old lady more than I did for a couple of days. LOL!!!! I'm still not "allowed" to twist or bend, if I can help it.

The Badlands in Attica is about 700 miles OW for us here in Minnie. I would like to get out to Paragon in PA sometime before I croak. Steve-O & I are seriously talking about a trip to Moab via Colorado next fall, trailering the Super Zuki. Four Wheeler liked MN's Gilbert OHV park, when they did a leg of their extreme adventure last summer, so we'd like to go back & re-evaluate it (weren't impressed the first time, but they didn't look done with it, either, & it was -12 degrees when we were out wheeling it - hard to appreciate anything when it's chilly).

& I'm probably the last person on the planet still running an open diff, too. *sigh* :xcrybaby:
Now I'm confused. I could've sworn I typed a reply to you yesterday but its not here?? Hmmmm.....

But anyway.... the roll.... I was going up a hill climb they call "Winch Hill". Been up it many times winching and not winching. This time - I should've winched but instead, I gave it too much momentum and too much gas. The front end hopped, front tire bounced up onto a rut and over she went. Of course, I'm all locked up so the rear-end just wanted to keep going.
http://www.lieblweb.com/Events/RC11.06.04/Flop.jpg
It was bound to happen someday.... and I blame my spotter (the husband) for cheering me on "2nd into 3rd gear!!!!" I think he feels quilty for pushing me to go that fast. ........told you it was his fault!! :D

You two should move over to PA where its a lot WARMER and barely any snow. You'd be able to wheel a lot more too!!!

I hope you're health improves as I'm sure it will. Listen to your doctors and take it easy....just be patient, take your vitamens, and grab a hug and snuggle from your taco sweetie on a daily basis!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
98 Taco said:
Nice Bob. What am I then? :xcrybaby:

Last I checked, I still had a 'Yota truck. :xmoon:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Janster said:
You two should move over to PA where its a lot WARMER and barely any snow.
It's really weird, but we have NO snow here in the southern 2/3rd's of Minnie...none...zip. All of it went to Ohio & places that shouldn't have any, like Virginia & the Carolinas. Lucky bastards. I WANT snow. The landscape is so drab & boring & Xmas didn't look like Xmas around here. The super cold I can do without, but I am truly a snow bunny. :)

Love the pic:

How'd your person manage afterwards? Did it freak you out? I've only come close to tossing the old girl on her side, so I can't imagine an end-o. I'd be rattled & hurting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Janster! Congrats on the new Dodge!

LOL @ your talk of a shrine! I have a 1/2 dozen pics or so of my Tacoma on a pin board here in my office.....my own personal shrine to a truck I dearly loved (and cried leaving it on the sales lot)!

One day Bill & I will get back up to MD w/ the Jeep and I want you & Scott to show us around Paragon! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!
How the heck are ya????? How's the new Tundra???? :D :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Les I am doing well - how about yourself? How is that back of yours doing? And that new hubby?

Congrats on the RE license!! :)

Its good to hear from you! Hope your holidays have been happy!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MuddinMama said:
How'd your person manage afterwards? Did it freak you out? I've only come close to tossing the old girl on her side, so I can't imagine an end-o. I'd be rattled & hurting.
It wasn't bad at all. It happened so fast. I could feel the passenger side tire catch air ...and at that point, I knew it was going over. I grabbed onto the steering wheel, held on, and waited until it came to rest. For some reason, I wasn't worried or scared at all. I don't even remember the actual roll. I was fine...but pissed that I damaged the Jeep. Although, its not bad at all. Soft top & hardware and some body damage. No biggie. We pulled the plugs and oil came shooting outta cylinder #6 like 20 feet in the air. Oil everywhere!!

Yeah...my parents live in VA and they're always braggin about how much warmer it is down there. But when it comes to the snow....they usually get more. The storms will hit them first and travel up to us. If they got snow...they always call and say, "How much snow did you get?"
I'll just say.......Nothing!! (or whatever). They're always amazed that half the time, we never get any (my braggin rights).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Her04TundraDC said:
Les I am doing well - how about yourself? How is that back of yours doing? And that new hubby?

Congrats on the RE license!! :)

Its good to hear from you! Hope your holidays have been happy!
Great to hear that you're doing well!!!!! :D

Is Florida still recovering from all the typhoons? Daytona mailed us a renewal form for our seats @ the 500, but we'll pass this time. Last year's disaster trip didn't set too well with us, although the race was awesome.

My back surgery was a success - I was 100% fused @ my 6 month post-op. But I still have pain...not bad pain, but it's there. Blame it on arthritis. So I'll never be pain-free, but I'm way better than I was, so it's all good.

Thank you. :) I still haven't nabbed a listing yet, but seriously working on it. I've only had my license since November, so it'll take some time to get established. I work for a super brokerage, so I expect good things to happen.

Steve-O's doing fine. Working hard, being the main breadwinner, until I can get on my feet with this new career. He's the most wonderful guy!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I suppose there's not much you can do, but hang on & watch the "show". Hahaha. I'd be freaking out for sure. LOL!!!! Glad you didn't get scraped up...Izzy's supposed to take the lumps for ya.

It's 35 degrees out right now & we're getting freezing rain here this morning. Swell - I HATE freezing rain. :mad: The Wimpy Winter continues in Minnie.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MuddinMama said:
I suppose there's not much you can do, but hang on & watch the "show". Hahaha. I'd be freaking out for sure. LOL!!!! Glad you didn't get scraped up...Izzy's supposed to take the lumps for ya.

It's 35 degrees out right now & we're getting freezing rain here this morning. Swell - I HATE freezing rain. :mad: The Wimpy Winter continues in Minnie.
It's 60 degrees here on New Years Day!! Can you believe it?? Time to work out in the garage!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
9 Participants
BMWTACO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing