TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the beauty of this mod, the front driveshaft *doesn't* spin. I ran this mod for a year before the axle swap and have been running is ever since. It's especially nice after the swap because I have an automatic locker in the front, so when it's grumpy and doesn't want to let my steer, I can just press the button and with the loss of power to the front axle, I get my steering back :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Will the lockers still engage in 2 lo? Its kinda like the free alarm mod. I love cheap mods.

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super Doody said:
Will the lockers still engage in 2 lo? Its kinda like the free alarm mod. I love cheap mods.
Yes. This is transparent to lockers, TRD locker included, if you have already done the "gray wire" locker mod.

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
platform389 said:
OK, were the kittens the installation crew for this mod on your truck...?

Yes! And they were a big help. Well, except for the one that got into the starting fluid early in the day. It was down hill from there for him... ;)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
WATRD said:
Allows the use of low range on the transfer case without engaging the "Automatic Disconnecting Differential" or "ADD" for four-wheel drive.

http://www.wattora.com/mods/twolow/

Applicable to "push button" 4x4 models.
Someone asked if this would work for a manual in an earlier post so now I'm confused a little. I have the same year truck as you just the manual 5-speed transmission.

It looks like it would work for me since i have the push button 4-hi, 4-lo, 2hi stick. But just want to make sure before I go out there and mess around with it. Thanks WATRD!

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
He was talking about the non-push button xfer cases, not the tranny.

As far as I am aware, this mod will work for any Tacoma with the push-button 4x4 system, regardless of the tranny type.

There is another mod for two-low on non-push button 4x4 Tacoma's, but I am having a heck of a time finding the write up for it anywhere.

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JaresTaco said:
Anything like this for us Manual T-Case people, or I do I need a twin-stick
Thanks, :)
Sorry about the late reply, I am still getting used to the new board and skipped right by your post. There is a mod that works for the manual tcase rigs, but I am having a heck of a time finding a write up for it. If I recall correctly, the connector was on the other side of the tranny.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
WATRD said:

As far as I am aware, this mod will work for any Tacoma with the push-button 4x4 system, regardless of the tranny type.

There is another mod for two-low on non-push button 4x4 Tacoma's, but I am having a heck of a time finding the write up for it anywhere.
Okay, that makes sense to me. It's too easy not to try out! :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the non-push button, 4cyl add tacoma and I did the two low mod. My driveshaft still spins. It worked really well until I locked the front end. Now I can still unlock one wheel, but my driver side wheel always spins. So that essentially turned it into a 3-low mod. It does make turning a little easier and helps a little bit when traversing across an incline.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WATRD said:

Find that writeup yet becuase I sure cant and would like it... even some info from an FSM would work for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeti said:
Find that writeup yet becuase I sure cant and would like it... even some info from an FSM would work for me.
There's a light blue plug that comes out of the passenger side of your transfer case. It has two wires, I just interrupted one of them with a switch. I actually went and got a push button shift knob from a scrap yard and used that as my switch.

·
Registered
301 Posts
duby08 said:
There's a light blue plug that comes out of the passenger side of your transfer case. It has two wires, I just interrupted one of them with a switch. I actually went and got a push button shift knob from a scrap yard and used that as my switch.
Wouldn't this plug be the easier of the two mods anyway, especially for a manual tranny? I would rather unplug something than cut wires while I'm under warranty.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.