TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im finally getting some pics togeather of my 4Runner, Molly accidently named it for me. It will be named "The Ugly"

Its got alot of body rust but the frame is solid. Thanks to the undercoat applyed by one of the previous owners.

Right now the idea is to get it to pass inspection. :rolleyes: Stupid Manheim Township wont even let me park it in the drive way without Inspection and Tags.

After inspection the build begins. Some things I will before I get it inspected because they need fixed anyhow. Rusty fenders come to mind.

Anyhow enjoy.

I took 3" out of the fender all around. Im thinking 35-37's will fit. The tire in the pic is a 31 and I tryed to stuff it as far as I could. and Ive still got 4"

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Might as well punch in the front fender wells to fit 35s or 37s at full stuff or turn.

Other wise the truck looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Copy Cat :D Now Addy will be really confused when she comes wheeling since she already calls mine the "Ugly Truck" Looking good. I have a 35" MT/R still on the rim if you need it for mock up, but will need it back to put my 37's on.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might as well punch in the front fender wells to fit 35s or 37s at full stuff or turn.
Thats the Idea. eventually. I just want to get it inspected so it can go outside right now.

So...when are we taking it out and wheeling the snot out of it? :D
Spring/summer? did anyone notice how the muffler is installed upsidedown? its lower then the gas tank! and the last owner did me the favor of replaceing the brake lines in the rear. I was excited because JT's blew out that one time. Then I realized they run outside the frame and drop UNDER it next to the gas tank. Oh, boy. that aint gonna work! As of now Im going over it inch by inch fixing everything.:banghead:

Copy Cat :D Now Addy will be really confused when she comes wheeling since she already calls mine the "Ugly Truck" Looking good. I have a 35" MT/R still on the rim if you need it for mock up, but will need it back to put my 37's on.
I dont see a problem. Mine's red, your's is black?
Ill borrow that from you. What sort of time frame do you have for needing it back?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No real time frame since I may start running without a spare since I carry a patch kit and the new tires are about three time thicker than my old MT/Rs. Maybe have it back by spring sometime, it is just sitting int he back of the 4 runner right now.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
14 Months later....

I want to thank everyone that has helped me with advice, labor, transporting parts, or giving me free/cheap parts to support my build. Its was a long road taking the taco back to stock and selling off what I couldnt use. Its also taken much longer then I would of thought to build the 4runner to where it is now. However it would of been much harder without the following people.
Molly(for letting me get it) JT, Mark, Joe, Jordan, Bruce, Avy, David, Jeremy. Im sure I have missed somone, please dont be offended if it was you.

Now then on to the good stuff. My goal from the beging was to have this be primarly a trail rig, but I wanted to have it street legal and inspected so I could drive it from time to time, or as needed.

So here is what I have done to date, It dosent seem like much but as I go through it, Ive done alot more then I realized.
Cleaned, up the frame. removed rust and applyed new undercoat.
New body mounts. The old ones were shot.
4 new shocks. Three were blown when I got it.
Re-routed brake lines above frame not under.
Replaced rotten Gas lines
Shorteded gas tank and sending unit.
V6 brake calipers Boster and MC
Dual cases, 4.7's in the rear
sch 40 drive shafts
3" out of rear fenders and firewall tubed for 37's
TRD axle swap, had to lengthen brake cables
ARB in front.
OBA for the ARB.
1.5" Ball joint spacers for the front, Buggy leaf in rear with longer springs from the taco.
new TRE's
new belts
new Radiator/ thermostat/ hoses
Soft top
Fender flares
new tailgate
custom paint
sliders from taco shortened and welded on.
Sky crossmember,
fridge center console
CB in dash
rear speakers
rust holes in bed patched
driver window regulator replaced

Im not where I wanted to be but not to bad for a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts