TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and 5 weeks later.....

Warn XD9000i w/ Amsteel black synthetic winch rope and aluminum hawse fairlead.

Got so much little 'housekeeping' things to do to the truck since it's been gone so long. I've had a OME/Toytec kit for a month now, with KYB Monomax and Alcan AAL, and I need to figure out something for the turn signals (I'm gonna try and put 'em in the marker lamp housing). I've also gotta mount some lights on the bumper, probably some PIAA 4". Man, I'm stoked though!

·
Registered
38 Posts
man thats just too sweet... a word of caution on the marker relo to the side markers. I tried that and well no bueno, with your headlights on you cant even see the light flash. best of luck though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
:clap: I like :xrocker:
but I also like mine :D

so was it worth the wait ?
now all ya need to do is have Jed build ya a rear bumper and sliders to match :rolleyes:
The guy does some awesome work
I will agree, lol..
if you want help with the turn signals let me know.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice, UnderDestruction, i was worried about that. Ric did some real good-looking universal motorcycle turn signals on his...how did you wire that up, Ric? Did you ditch the stock bulb assembly altogether and just attach the wires straight to the Acerbis one? Was it difficult? (I hate and fear even simple electrical procedures) I'll have to take a second look at it. Let's get together some time and you can lend me your experience! Gonna go to slaughterhouse the 20th?

*edit...yeah, Ric, it was totally worth the wait! (and the $$$$, lol)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Awesome! Armorology Rocks! I love Jed's work!!!

looks great!

·
Registered
390 Posts
spindleshanks,
I just tapped into the signal wires, Ill be more than happy to help you out, if ya want I cant check the bike shops around here to see if they got anymore in stock. heres a pic of the signal

alabamatacomaguy,
lets say these are "NOT" an off the rack tjm or arb, they are "custom" but more than worth the money, if I had to do it again, I would have done them sooner, give Jed a call, he is a great guy, great customer service, and (what I feel) very fair prices.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alabamatacomaguy said:
the website doesnt have prices, are they real expensive?
In short, Yes. But you should see the reinforcement. Jed added a custom made reinforcement across the radiator, and the bumper is bolted into the frame at several points...very solid.
Ric; That's awesome, thanks for the offer. First I'm gonna check out some of the bike shops in Ft. Collins and Loveland. If I find a universal turn signal that looks right, I'll give you a call. I could definitely use the help with the wiring part of it...The Lopez Mod! thanks buddy -J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts