TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife bought a jeep today!!!! she wanted to get rid of the celica for a mazda 6. i managed to con her out of that peice. so after looking all over gods creation she found an 04 liberty renegade. she got a good price on it so i can't complain. honestly the thing is pretty sweet for a liberty. fully loaded, leather the whole shebang but it's not 4x4 :eek:. i almost feel like a traitor hehehe. any one got a liberty? any issue's or gripes?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rofl: thats pretty much all it's for anyway. she like's it. if she's happy i'm definatly going to be happy!! believe me :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
nothing wrong with a jeep ...i own one and love it off road.. ...just keep in mind that it's not going to be trouble free like your yota.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
stu said:
Why in the hell did you talk her out of a Mazda 6 for a 2-wheel drive Jeep?
a good friend of mine has a liberty, but its at least a 4x4 :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
i just drove a wrangler for the first time this past weekend. i like the small form factor but wasn't impressed with the performance. vehicle seemed like it wanted to sway/drift at speed and suspension was a lot tighter making for a bumpier ride. the shorter wheel base was nice to have on some of the hairer obstacles, but the (lack of) storage space was dearly missed.

overall i thought it was definately a capable wheeling rig but for the price and performance i wouldn't want it as my DD. can't comment on the maintenance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My wife drives a Jeep and I wouldn't have it any other way short of a Landcruiser. She has a 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 8 cylinder. I really like everything about bit but the wheels, they are a full on bitch to clean. And yes, I do care about keeping it clean.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
stu said:
Why in the hell did you talk her out of a Mazda 6 for a 2-wheel drive Jeep?
it's a 2 wheel drive liberty not a wrangler....
every mazda i've owned and friends owned have always come up w/bulshit problems. i just don't think that for what they were asking and the price range we wanted to stay was worth the mazda. it was about another $5000 more than the price of the jeep.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no idea? i'll call jeep and give them the vin and find out. thanx alot man!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
If the regular Mazda 6 was on the edge of their price range, the MazdaSpeed 6 would be well out of it. I researched the shit out of the Speed 6 when I was going to buy one, but it was always just too much money.

AWD, turbo, navigation, etc, etc. Sweet car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts