TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'87 Suzuki Samurai w/ 1.3L of pure hell:D

After nearly 20 broken cv's and a pile of expensive hubs, the taco is sticking to the street.Picked it up dirt cheap from a buddy. Sprung over on 33's with a 5:1 tcase.Bought it with intentions to go ahead and 4 link the rear and put toy axles under, however i went ahead and wheeled it once at Mtnside like it was. Lets just say even like it was, i didnt miss wheeling the brown cow!

Heres a couple pics the way i got it. I had to do it in right, so i flopped it in the parking lot before i ever even got to wheel it.

Finally got started on the 4link/stretch last night, these are 33s but i have a set of 36 tsls that are going on when its done. Looks like its going to end up around 100''-102''. Either going with yj or rear springs up front.

Ill have more pics in the next few days as we get more accomplished.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:doh:You can never make up your mind can ya? :lmao:But hey, I respect whatever works.

why not take the suspension from the Sami and swap it onto the Brown Cow. The brown cow is not really your average daily driver:rofl:
Im looking forward to the build! I have never really read up on a Sami build

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
sweet man i love samis. sometimes i wish i had one and other times not lol. they are a great wheeling/fun vehicle though. looking forward to the build

also want to donate your cage to my truck?

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
welcome to GA TTORA! be sure to introduce yourself in the Newbie Thread :D

you're like the child that the parents look back on and say "where did we go wrong?" :rofl: (me and colin are wondering that now) :rofl:

glad yer back, get yer junk on the trail again son!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had 94 Wrangler, all stock. It was a piece of crap and not very impressive off road. Then got a Sidekick, stock with little biggers tires. This thing went EVERWHERE. It only had the 1.8L and sounded like a pissed off hampster on the interstate, and not much torque on steep inclines, but still.... Yeah, have a blast with the Suke and keep posting the build.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It only had the 1.8L and sounded like a pissed off hampster on the interstate, and not much torque on steep inclines, but still....
At least you wouldn't have to worry about the torque of the engine breaking any of your drivetrain. :D

I wonder if you could cram a 3.4 in there. :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
At least you wouldn't have to worry about the torque of the engine breaking any of your drivetrain. :D
Instinctively, you'd lean forward and strain while trying to go up hill. But yeah, it didn't have enough power to hurt itself :D.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, that dude has his rig dialed in. Nice!

Awright Trev, the bar has been set. :D
Nah, that sammi is only like 95ish inches, ill see if i can find the build thread on it..... This is what we did last night instead of work on my junk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rofl: please explain that one. Its not the Titantic on its maiden voyage.
I pulled up onto the top of that 3.5-4 foot loading dock in a stock wheelbase, stock suspension samurai. Need i say more?

Id love to see that 4runner make it to the top of that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I pulled up onto the top of that 3.5-4 foot loading dock in a stock wheelbase, stock suspension samurai. Need i say more?

Id love to see that 4runner make it to the top of that:rolleyes:
Nah, think I'll pass on that one. For now, I'd like to see my Runner make it to the street :rofl: At this point, its a yard ornament :(

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Nah, think I'll pass on that one. For now, I'd like to see my Runner make it to the street :rofl: At this point, its a yard ornament :(
like ive been saying atleast kristen's run :p.... but then again atleast yours has a title

1 - 20 of 53 Posts