TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no more 2004 Doublecabs left in Canada. Apparantly there are only two demo models floating around in the country, and I have first dibs on one of them. I was wondering, however, if there is anywhere in the US I can be hooked up with one? Not sure if they'll finance a foreigner, though? Any ideas, other than suggesting a 2005, or a used 2004?

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
Are you looking to buy new or used? If your buying brand new why not go with the 05. The prices are about the same for and 04 and 05 double cab. If your looking at used you should check out "Auto Trader" in Ontario. I just checked and there's at least 5 or 6 for sale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
tbrown said:
Are you looking to buy new or used? If your buying brand new why not go with the 05. The prices are about the same for and 04 and 05 double cab. If your looking at used you should check out "Auto Trader" in Ontario. I just checked and there's at least 5 or 6 for sale.
Maybe he just does not like the new Tacomas. Personally, I won't do an even trade even if no money is involve :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
i was just at the dealership today. they told me it is impossible to get one new. i checked auto trader and the only 2004 dcab available in ontario is a non-trd. sucks for me. anyone know the difference between a 2003 and 2004 dcab? theres a few 2003's available in ontario.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I looked at an 05 couple weeks ago, it was dc 4x4 5spd trd sport, no locker, and it was 33000, i only paid 24500 for my 04 dc trd with locker and auto, brand new, they are a little pricey!

Theres no difference between 03 04, cept for maybe the cv boots 04 apparently come with better ones for high angles!

·
Registered
103 Posts
WindsorTaco said:
i was just at the dealership today. they told me it is impossible to get one new. i checked auto trader and the only 2004 dcab available in ontario is a non-trd. sucks for me. anyone know the difference between a 2003 and 2004 dcab? theres a few 2003's available in ontario.
I think the '04s have a traction control feature the '03s don't have. Personally I'd rather have an '03 and keep things simple.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Actually I have an 04 TRD without the traction control. That was an option you could get on 4x4s, but not standard. I think it was not offered on the TRD packaged. I don't know why it would be either one or the other but not both. I think I read it was due to the locker throwing the sensors out of wack or something like that. As for the differences I think even the cv boots are the same. Don't quote me on this, but I think that was a rumor that has been going around. I have heard of people with 04s that have torn boots after a few hundred miles. I also read a post by Chris (trdpart4u) that stated the raplacement parts for all tacos with ADD was the same.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My mom has an 01, i have an 04, it could be my eyes, but my cv boots look alot tougher then hers. I ono, and yea the stability control was a new option for 04!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a lot of 04's of all body types on the lots in PA. When I went in looking at the 05's (December) there were both TRD and non-TRD Double Cabs, as well as a Double Cab Prerunner. Price was so silly on the new Taco's that I wound up buying a new full sized truck for 2 grand less.

I'd think the dealers would be ready to bargain on the 04's if you can get a truck back across the border!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts