TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so, what should I do? I'm currently the Hawaii Chapter Pres, but am moving to Mobile, AL this summer. I'm just checking to see what the TTORA scene looks like down there, but it seems like AL doesn't have its own chapter. So, does that mean I should try to weasel my way into the FL or GA chapter? Or start my own one-member club out of the land of all things deep fried? :p

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to being back on the mainland soon! (Hooray for road trips that last longer than 2 hours!)

Have a great week,
-Radar

·
Registered
212 Posts
ok first off there is an Alabama chapter. As for people being active in it, thats hit and miss.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

I split between living in Alabama and Mississippi. As soon as my truck gets done then I'll be back out in the woods wheeling. There are members in AL, we're just hiding.

·
FL VP
962 Posts
Dont know how you would weasel your way into the FL chapter or GA for that matter if your moving to AL but if you move to FL your more then welcome to come join an ride with us.

And why just post this in FL? Did you let GA know that your going to try and weasel in there? No, why not? Think Colin might like to know also.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
they're both correct that yes there IS an alabama chapter, it's just not very active. A lot of the alabama boys post on our forum, (as well as some tn, nc, fl, sc guys too). As long as you don't come in looking for a hostile takeover, we'll welcome you to our rides and events :) (no weaseling required :rofl: )

Down in Mobile, you'll be waayyyy far from the northern AL, TN, and NC places we commonly ride, but nevertheless, more participants = more fun.

Since you're moving up here this summer... keep an eye out for information on our Southeast Takeover event which takes place over Labor Day weekend - it'd be a good opportunity to get to know members from all over the southeast, and to get to know southeast style wheeling!

Georgia Chapter:
http://ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

introduce yourself ... and your truck!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, there *is* an Alabama chapter! I scanned the list on the forum page, and didn't notice it, as it's off-set on the list after the words "Sub-forum." Duh. -10 points for lack of observation skills. :p

I just posted this here because... well... Mostly because FL is closer to Mobile than GA. Hostile takeover? Yeah, not so much... I just want to find a place to wheel! :)

I'll post up in the AL forum (now that I know where it is!), though, as I used to live in Pensacola, and will likely be visiting there a lot, I might be interested in seeing what there is to do in the Panhandle from time to time.

And I figure I could ask this here or over on the AL board, but, since I'm in the middle of a post already: what chapters make up the SE-TTORA group? Are all of the chapters still their own entities, but everyone does outings together, or what? I think that's a pretty good idea - not one that we really have as an option out here in Hawaii. :p

Thanks a lot for the info, folks!

Have a great day,
-Radar

·
FL VP
962 Posts
We have a panhandle section. Does not see much use as there really is not much to wheel up that way. Have a few friends that live up that way but they go out of state to wheel cause it's closer then coming to the central part of the state.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
since I'm in the middle of a post already: what chapters make up the SE-TTORA group? Are all of the chapters still their own entities, but everyone does outings together, or what? I think that's a pretty good idea - not one that we really have as an option out here in Hawaii. :p

Thanks a lot for the info, folks!

Have a great day,
-Radar

All of the "established" chapters have their own leadership and chapter events, GA, FL, TN, NC, and even KY have their own things going on, and sort of AL, but I have no idea who is pres/vice pres there ...

We consolidate during Southeast Takeover (SETO) so whoever-from-where ever wants to show up is welcomed and invited. We're looking forward to getting more input and involvement from other SE chapters this year, now that the event's been revamped and improved! (it used to be at Tellico each year :().

We actually had some guys from Ohio join us one year, and last year some from as far as Illinois. We try not to discriminate (so long as you have a toyota of course!) because that's what TTORA was founded on, coming together and having fun.

For the most part, our serious off-roading takes place in the "northern" southeast, so we try to put on SETO each year to bring us all together. Especially when TTORA's national takeover is in far off locations (this year in southern california).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darcy/Toxic: thanks for the info! Perusing the AL chapter threads made it look like the don't have a Pres/VP right now, so I'm not sure how active that is. I'll keep looking for more info on that end, though.

As for SETO, is there an official thread somewhere for that?

Thanks a bunch!
-Radar

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Darcy/Toxic: thanks for the info! Perusing the AL chapter threads made it look like the don't have a Pres/VP right now, so I'm not sure how active that is. I'll keep looking for more info on that end, though.

As for SETO, is there an official thread somewhere for that?

Thanks a bunch!
-Radar
Well, i'm sure the AL guys wouldn't mind someone re-activating their chapter :) Much like Toxic has done with Florida, things pick back up when they have a good leader!!

We're hoping to have some SETO information up and available in about a month, with registrations starting mid June. (The event will definitely take place over Labor Day Sept 3-6, 2010)

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152670

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, thanks for the info! I hope to be able to make it there to meet some of ya!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
All right you guys, you better be nice to my current prez!!!! I may just have to come back down here and woop some ass! :wife: Wradar is a great guy and a great prez! He wheels his truck like hell and is just one nice guy to have around! :D We all know how some of these chapters go dead so if any one of us wants to join in on some other chapters festivities then so be it! We are ALL under the TTORA umbrella. Toxic has done a great job keeping FL going so lets keep up the great FL hospitality and welcome one and all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts