TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this might go here:rolleyes: My wife and I are thinking about moving to SC. I'm wondering how is the wheeling/ 4 wheeler trails and local dmv laws. Any input would be grate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you mean south carolina its great down here if you move to the upstate(which you need to) we are only an hour and a half from tellico and there are really no lift laws cause every one down here has a lifted rig

·
Registered
434 Posts
just to clarify...there ARE actually lift laws...but because of no state inspections...its rarely if ever enforced...its something like no more than 6" up

regardless...upstate has a lot more options if youre willing to travel a bit...

theres only one or 2 legal places to ride in the state of sc...one of them being gulches orv park...outside of that youre looking at going to NC to the outer banks for sand, uhwarrie, or tellico...theres plenty of power line trails and open land but the power lines are highly frowned upon...:shame:

·
Registered
351 Posts
SC itself does suck for wheeling, however it's centrally located for alot of great wheeling in NC, TN, and GA. Both NC and GA have very active chapters and are a bunch of great guys! There's almost always something going on with one or the other.

It does mean most wheeling trips are all day/weekend events. Also you may have to drive to get any wrenching done.

There are several great vendors in that area as well so you can save some money on shipping sometimes.

BudBuilt
Rockdust Fab
Carolina Rock Shop

There's a bunch more I can't think of right now.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Both NC and GA have very active chapters and are a bunch of great guys! There's almost always something going on with one or the other.
No way. The NC guys are jerks and they never do anything. Suck it. :xmoon:

:p :p :p

(PS I'm not sure why but telling people to suck it has become the in thing around here now. I heard it on the CB all of last weekend and my vmail is filled with people telling me to suck it. I like to think they are talking about lemons. :) )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spent a month in Seneca for work and loved it. My wife has family around Charlston. What about atv trails? thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts