TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
purity said:
damn, now that thing has a flat belly!
Thats what I was thinking. Looks like a model toy or something. That is one of those points where if you were the tech, you just hand your uniform over, get in your truck, and leave. Never return.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've seen that before. Kinda sucks for the car owner.

I had some tech fuck up my truck. I was getting my wheels and tires rotated and ballanced. I left the shop and heard some grinding, felt a vibration in the wheel when I turned. I got out to check the truck and it all looked fun, but I went back to the shop. Told them what happened and they immediately took it for a test drive. Not longer than two minutes they put it up on the lift and checked the tires. One of the techs didn't tighten the lugs on my front left wheel and it almost came off. The manager fired the guy on the spot and now I have free service from now on. Oil changes, tire stuff, motor work and the works. I

·
Registered
947 Posts
Honestly, I have had fair experiences with our dealership on the most part. I know the service manager, and they know I keep an eye on them while they are working on it. The absolute worse thing I have ever seen is when a co-worker took his truck to Wal-Mart for an oil change. I even told him I would not do it. Anyway, they not only forgot to replace the oil cap, (oil sprayed all over the engine, ), but he left a tool laying on the engine that slid down and hit the fan when he came to a stop light. It was like a freakshow under the hood. Oil everywhere, fan blade broke. Pretty bad. This here is one reason I change my own oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts