TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just got back for Cali on tuesday and on wednesday I had to head up to Meeker with my family for a few days. I figure since I am going to be in the mountains that I might as well drive my truck. That way I can explore up there and my mom wouldn't have to take the trailer. So we get everything packed up and head out of town at about 6:30. We get to the begining of Ute Pass in Manitou and as I reach the steepest part of the pass I start to loose power. I down-shirt and still no power but I got the sweet smell of a clutch. I coast over to the side and there is smoke and I know that I know longer have a drivable truck. So I get towed home and now its about 7:30 and we decide to just load up another car and head up. Its a 6 hour drive and we figure that well be there around 1 am since there won't be any traffic. We leave at 8 and get to Hoosier pass which apparently is being worked on at night so it is closed until they can let us through which turns out to be about 11:30. I am running on Red Bull by now and end up making it to the cabin at 3:30am. What a night and now I don't have a truck. So if any of you guys had a bad day, this should make ya feel better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I get back into town on monday I will be taking it in to get it done. I have to work a ton right now to make some money but we should get out to the trails soon. I don't think the clutch should take that long to replace. The guy is going to let me help so I hope it doesn't take too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts